Your opinion on Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaKing64

Slowly getting there
Over the years, I've been getting less and less involved with Halloween to the point when I just usually stay at home and occasionally give out candy to a few people who do knock at the door. But even that is becoming less likely too cause the kids around my current neighborhood are going out less each year.

I dunno if people are just not interested in the holiday anymore or can't go out cause of too many factors: costume prices, responsibilities as an parent, busy schedule, genuine concern over some infamous harmful "tricks", ect.

I kinda miss the old days of going around the whole town, getting more active with some much needed walking, and knocking door-to-door for some good candy.

I hope to god I'm not the only person how feels this way but I'd like to hear what you'd think about Halloween in general.

Apollo

The bane of Armstrong
Server Moderator
Donator
Man, i still love halloween.
Back in my home town, everyone would decorate their houses with lights and Halloween ornaments
One year theres was a garage where a lady put a bunch of food into opaque bowls and said they were various spooky things as kids reached in to touch them

but over time tradition died off, and so did my interest in halloween

Muthix

Tail on!
Donator
I still love Halloween, mainly for the time of year and feel of it. from what i have seen people have been dismissing it each year, just a few weeks ago i saw my walmart already have christmas stuff out already and it wasn't even the middle of october. Some say its for people to plan early and pay for it over time, but like bloody hell give Halloween a chance

Handsome Zane

Red Sun's #1 Alcoholic
Server Moderator
Donator
I fucking love Halloween. The free candy, haunted houses, all that jazz.

Putting budget aside, imo this generation isn't as enthusiastic about Halloween as us 90's-2000's chads. Not to mention a lot of us became introverts as we advanced through those decades.

Tohru Adachi

baguette pistons
Administrator
lmao fuck halloween, little shits just ask for cash now
i just turn out the lights, lock the door, close the blinds, drive my car a few blocks down into a hiding spot and pretend i'm out and go back to doing whatever it was i was doing

Muthix

Tail on!
Donator
lmao fuck halloween, little shits just ask for cash now
i just turn out the lights, lock the door, close the blinds, drive my car a few blocks down into a hiding spot and pretend i'm out and go back to doing whatever it was i was doing
trick or treating is only fun as kid, i kinda removed trick or treating from Halloween because the rest is fun, nothing like the midnight channel.

KoopaKing64

Slowly getting there
You know what? Screw it.
I actually got my chance to wear a Halloween costume this year: The classic grim reaper.
I've always wanted to wear this one specifically since I was a kid but I never got to do it due to various reasons, mostly budget ones.

Already bought the essentials: a skull mask, the scythe, skeleton gloves, and a black hooded cape; I couldn't get a proper robe because party city ran out of those.
I might not be going door-to-door but at least I can look awesome and scary for the holiday.

Mikusch

Some Assembly Required
Senior Dev
Server Moderator
Donator
Developer
i have never heard of anyone celebrating halloween over here
then again i basically live right next to the ghetto of the city where the only people knocking on your door want to rob you

either way i ain't opening my door for anyone

Koizumi Hayato

Another one bites the dust
It's becoming an normal tradition over the years on my country, which seems popular between the youth. On my family we don't celebrate it but I like the halloween seasonal events on games.

KoopaKing64

Slowly getting there
Good news, people are still trick-or-treating last night and I got plenty of candy out of it.
I scared a few people by accident while looking at a weird Halloween prop: a skeleton in the front seat of a broke car at a house's front yard. I even scared one swat kid so bad he wouldn't even come near me and actively avoided me. I didn't even do anything, I just looked around.... menacingly

Forged Identity

the man who says nyeh
my Halloween in a nutshell:

alone playing Yu-Gi-Oh in my bedroom on my phone, gets called downstairs for a toffee apple. it's dark as shit because we're using house lights as a decoration because we're broke (people seemed to like it enough.)

the only other person in the house without anxiety was fixing the fridge so I had to answer the door to kids.

incident 1) toddler wants to get into our house.

2 separate children want to get into the house they just run off from their parents into the house. the cat is having none of that and the parent quickly gets them out (both times).

incident 2) "jesus"

3 high school girls come up to the door and just say "praise jesus." I'm confused as fuck and just respond with "he is my savior!" (hand on chest) they laugh and take their candy and fuck off.

incident 3) delivery guy

we order takeout because we didn't want to leave our house alone on Halloween night to go out and get something and we didn't have much in the fridge, take out guy arrives but we don't see who it is so we get the candy bowl and then open the door, both parties laugh as we ask him if he wants some candy he takes one for him and the delivery driver and they both leave.

that's about it for my Halloween, anyone else see some crazy shit happen? would be curious to hear about it.

Handsome Zane

Red Sun's #1 Alcoholic
Server Moderator
Donator
Its like normal bingo, but all the squares have names of sex toys and the pattern you need to get changes each round. Also instead of bingo, you gotta say "I'm cumming" but you don't get your prize unless you say it like you mean it
Post automatically merged:

And yes the prizes are sex toys

Status
Not open for further replies.