Why so much hate for a flower that you created?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Zetix

P-P-P-P-P-POOOOWER
Donator
Why do everyone hate Flowey ? There is a lot of maps worse than Flowey . And you can get 2 badges and 25 free bp after beating it and not a lot of maps have this . So next time be happier when seeing Flowey as next map .

Victor

banned retard
Server Moderator
Donator
map has been played to death so a lot of the regulars don't enjoy it since it got forced down our throats with various events over the years since it was released (including two major ones)

plus B1 has more badges/BP

Waifers

Community Manager
Comm. Manager
Donator
Flower Power, the latest event to feature the Flowey map, was active for two months and during those two months, people developed a sickness of playing the map for (justifiable) reasons which include:
  • The Flowey map already had a reputation for bringing in illogical Undertale fans from the previous Flowey event. This contributed the most to the stigma around the Flowey map back then, though this isn't as apparent nowadays.
  • The Flowey event was purely rng based in terms of it rewards, as in, in order to get any of the event items, you need to get two kinds of crafting material drops, the common one was fairly okay in terms of its drop rate, getting the rarer one, however, was not pleasant for some people, as a couple went through the event getting barely any of the rare drops, forcing them to rely on outside means in order to get the event items.
  • The Flowey map being instantly voted when it appeared on the map voter, people got frustrated with Flowey quickly combined with the above.
Even with the Flowey map's appearance chance being lowered drastically near the end of the event (which stayed like that for awhile), people got sick enough of it to where a third of the server the map is on will likely sit in spectator for either the duration of the map, or enough people rtv (which isn't uncommon). It doesn't help that a fairly popular map, B1, which has better bp awards, shares its game mode with the Flowey map on the map voter and as a result, if Boss Battles gets voted and the Flowey map is chosen, the majority of the server will become displeased and a third of it will sit in spectator until the Flowey map ends, or enough people rtv off the Flowey map.

Last edited:

JaviNiceDay

I'm still tired
Donator
Long story short, way too many kids asking to play it. B1 is a much better alternative and has much better rewards on top of that, with better BP payout and at least 3 obtainable badges (4 counting the one that’s now unobtainable). Flowey only gives one badge and bad payout.

Mr.Zetix

P-P-P-P-P-POOOOWER
Donator
Javi Flowey has 4 badges (2 are no longer obtainable) but i think that the repetition of Flowey isn't the main reason why it died but pprobably because it's not very hard like b1, and Flowey is always the same

Alpha Spectre

Insert witty title here
Donator
Javi Flowey has 4 badges (2 are no longer obtainable) but i think that the repetition of Flowey isn't the main reason why it died but pprobably because it's not very hard like b1, and Flowey is always the same
Waifers literally just gave you the main reason as to why it's hated by a large portion of the community. Difficulty has a part to play in it, yes at least when you take Flower Power into consideration. However like Waifers said it is largely repetition and the unfortunate baggage of brainless Undertale fans that caused people to develop such a poor image of the map.

Lvl. 100 Spycrab

name paint guru
Donator
also those 2 flowey badges had nothing to do with the map itself and was just a secret page on the loadout

Bert54

Baguette
Donator
Flower Power, the latest event to feature the Flowey map, was active for two months and during those ith the Flowey map's appearance chance being lowered drastically near the end of the event (which stayed like that for awhile), people got sick enough of it to where a third of the server the map is on will likely sit in spectator for either the duration of the map, or enough people rtv (which isn't uncommon). It doesn't help that a fairly popular map, B1, which has better bp awards, shares its game mode with the Flowey map on the map voter and as a result, if Boss Battles gets voted and the Flowey map is chosen, the majority of the server will become displeased and a third of it will sit in spectator until the Flowey map ends, or enough people rtv off the Flowey map.
One third of the server sit out in spectator when B1 is being played most the time as well without even trying to beat the boss at least once, taunting people who actually try to beat it, so I'm afraid this statement is mostly wrong.

Mr.Zetix

P-P-P-P-P-POOOOWER
Donator
Actually the reason for most people to sit in b1 isn't the same as Flowey because 'most' of people sitting on spectator for b1 don't believe that we'll make it trought HARDCORE mode (even tho they're right beatin HARDCORE isn't an easy task) but for Flowey they just don't like the boss that's it

Bert54

Baguette
Donator
Actually the reason for most people to sit in b1 isn't the same as Flowey because 'most' of people sitting on spectator for b1 don't believe that we'll make it trought HARDCORE mode (even tho they're right beatin HARDCORE isn't an easy task) but for Flowey they just don't like the boss that's it
Most of the time those persons don't even bother attempt normal mode at least once (roughly what I wrote previously) when it's easily doable with a high player count including newbies. You can't believe you can't make if not everybody do their best or don't try at all.

Mr.Zetix

P-P-P-P-P-POOOOWER
Donator
Well this doesn't apply to Flowey because even if it gets HP buff somehow the more people you have against it the more chance you have of winning . It works for b1 too but on b1 dying can cause lost but in Flowey other people can carry

Zane Truesdale

Activating Trap cards
Donator
What seemed to be the main kicker is that it keeps getting requested by said Undertale fans both pre and post Flower Power.
I remember even telling off a few of them on the steam group while I was still new here, mostly because those people saw that map as all these servers were worth when it has so much more to offer.

I'm more curious to see if the Pvm gamemode will be expanded upon with new maps.

Mynt (DJKouta)

I AM screaming BEHIND MY SMILE! :)
Donator
There's a reason that the phrase "Is this the Flowey map" was coined, a very good reason.
The map has negativity due to the factors that Workers stated, and for me, I personally dislike
it due to the crowd it brings in.

Last edited:

WcTro

Your favorite nemesis
Donator
We have other gamemodes , and it's not a 24/7 Flowey map, so even if we play a gamemode I love, I would still be unhappy to continue playing it. We gotta change from time to time. (I ain't a hater for the map, because free bp lel)

Status
Not open for further replies.