what happened to red sun kart?

Forged Identity

Warming up
don't see it in rotation but it's listed as a thing on the forums.
just curious and looking for a quick answer (was looking to map for it possibly).

thanks!

Zane Truesdale

Activating Trap cards
Donator
IIRC development of the Red Sun Kart gamemode was taken over by GeeNoVoid to see if he could make it work better.

I asked him how it was coming along on the discord a while back and he said that he may completely rewrite it since it's code was too spaghetti to properly handle.
Safe to say it will be a while before we see anything about it

Zane Truesdale

Activating Trap cards
Donator
cheers zane, thanks for the info.
Anytime.

Also if you do end up wanting to map for it, try making the map itself first. This way you have it ready in advance when the How-to thread is posted, and you would know in advance where to put everything.
Dunno how GeenoVoid's end result for RSK is gonna end up and how it would affect the mapping process, but at least having the bulk of it completed and having to make minor alterations later sounds like a wiser move

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Hi, bumping this to say I don't believe RSK is being worked on at all, I would not attempt to map for it until more details are out.

@GeeNoVoid would know the most.

Forged Identity

Warming up
would it be possible (in theory) to use default hammer entities to replicate the mod (trigger teleports for out of bounds etc.)

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
would it be possible (in theory) to use default hammer entities to replicate the mod (trigger teleports for out of bounds etc.)
TF2 kart driving itself is probably not good enough to make for an interesting/fun map

Fixes everything
Senior Dev
Server Moderator
Donator
Developer
We used to have a map by gee that's similar to RSK without any mods, battle_n64skyscraper for team battles.
It takes some convars to get karts speed/turning right, but it possible without mods.

Forged Identity

Warming up
I was thinking about making a grand prix style map (probably under the dr category) that would work in the same way dr_minigames does, death being able to select a course to play with traps they can activate through the course. that's just an idea though, not sure it would work without rks style turning