VS Saxton Hale Rewrite: Feedback/Suggestion/Discussion Megathread

woo

Warming up
Donator
that's done on purpose

Code:
"attackdamage" //When dealing damage with this weapon (Chargin' Targe)...
{
    "filter"
    {
        "cond"            "35"     //...while at least 25% into your charge...
    }

"Tags_AddCond"
    {
        "cond"            "26"     //...give a defense buff (with crit resistance) to the attacker...
        "duration"        "6.0"    //...for 6 seconds.
    }
}
The main thought that made me add that restriction is that it'd be very unfair for bosses to deal with a possibly overhealed, defense buffed demoman while the demo himself didn't put much effort to be rewarded that well, though the splendid screen came out as a better alternative anyway so maybe that could be changed.

The splendid screen doesn't have this restriction because knockback distance is based on damage dealt, which is based on charge meter used, which is something the defense buff time can't scale with the config alone.

Last edited:

Handsome Zane

Red Sun's #1 Alcoholic
Server Moderator
Donator
Pyrocar could definitely use a damage buff of something. I say this because when we were doing VSH yesterday, Pinkie was able to use Half Zatoichi to outheal Pyrocar's damage.

Lord Scout

woah
Donator
Pyrocar could definitely use a damage buff of something. I say this because when we were doing VSH yesterday, Pinkie was able to use Half Zatoichi to outheal Pyrocar's damage.
pyrocar just needs a rework honestly i dont think anybody really likes fighting against him and many people dont like playing as him

Muthix

Tail on!
Donator
Can bonk boy get a nerf, fighting him was a lot harder then i remeber the boss being. the main problem being his balls, being able to kill sentries in three hits with them and disable them. at that with instantly killing someone if the ball travels a longer distance.

Handsome Zane

Red Sun's #1 Alcoholic
Server Moderator
Donator
Can bonk boy get a nerf, fighting him was a lot harder then i remember the boss being. the main problem being his balls, being able to kill sentries in three hits with them and disable them. at that with instantly killing someone if the ball travels a longer distance.
I'd say Bonk Boy is fine where he is. He was a really weak boss during testing, and now he is a strong boss with a small health pool.
Also his balls can't travel long distances if you're in close quarters

Muthix

Tail on!
Donator
I'd say Bonk Boy is fine where he is. He was a really weak boss during testing, and now he is a strong boss with a small health pool.
Also his balls can't travel long distances if you're in close quarters
everytime i fought him on armstrong he destroyed the enemy team, i just think his balls need a bit of a nerf

Zétix

What the hell am I doing with my life
Donator
Nerf the fucking bfb , outrunning hale is cancer and wasting a rage just for one scout isn't worth it especially on high ranks you do not have that spare rage so you have to catch a scout that runs faster than you and that's nearly impossible
Just nerf it to the ground allready, It's cancer for hale

Muthix

Tail on!
Donator
Nerf the fucking bfb , outrunning hale is cancer and wasting a rage just for one scout isn't worth it especially on high ranks you do not have that spare rage so you have to catch a scout that runs faster than you and that's nearly impossible
Just nerf it to the ground allready, It's cancer for hale
A good idea to nerf it is the meter will always go down unless you keep hitting the hale with it

Maroon

is tired
Donator
A good idea to nerf it is the meter will always go down unless you keep hitting the hale with it
maybe do what they did with the natascha and make it a almost diffrent weapon entirely if it's THAT big of a problem

Muthix

Tail on!
Donator
maybe do what they did with the natascha and make it a almost diffrent weapon entirely if it's THAT big of a problem
i never see the scout stall or outrun hale with this weapons since no one really uses it

tactic

Warming up
Donator
i never see the scout stall or outrun hale with this weapons since no one really uses it
As Zétix said, it can be crazy strong at high ranks. But it can also be insane at lower playercounts, as Hale also has very few rages.

you probably haven’t seen it at its best if you don’t like to play at lower playercounts, and people may not use it often, but when the BFB becomes a problem, it becomes a massive problem for the hale.

as someone who loves to use it at low playercounts I definitely think it needs nerfing.

Muthix

Tail on!
Donator
As Zétix said, it can be crazy strong at high ranks. But it can also be insane at lower playercounts, as Hale also has very few rages.

you probably haven’t seen it at its best if you don’t like to play at lower playercounts, and people may not use it often, but when the BFB becomes a problem, it becomes a massive problem for the hale.

as someone who loves to use it at low playercounts I definitely think it needs nerfing.
i play on armstrong so i know low playercount