VS Saxton Hale Rewrite: Feedback/Suggestion/Discussion Megathread

Fixes everything
Senior Dev
Server Moderator
Donator
Developer
My only complaint about this gamemode is the fortnite dome. I understand the reason for having it, but I feel like it can get more annoying then helpfully at times. I know removing it is probably not an option, but what if the dome moves slower toward the center of the map?
Some maps already had center of dome moved to a more reasonable spot, usually at lower floor flat area everyone tends to be at, without having any walkable space above center of dome. Mind telling which maps could have center somewhere else?

Zétix

P-P-P-P-P-POOOOWER
Donator
Why does the dome hurt hale so fricking much.
Really! The damage Is ridiculously high on him!
It needs to get lowered

Muthix

Cut in!
Donator
Some maps already had center of dome moved to a more reasonable spot, usually at lower floor flat area everyone tends to be at, without having any walkable space above center of dome. Mind telling which maps could have center somewhere else?
Is there a place to look at all the map names? I dont remeber each one exactly.

Mikusch

null
Donator
Developer
While we are talking about the dome, can we change its color, make it a little more opaque or otherwise increase its visibility? Maybe I'm alone with this problem but I am colorblind and can barely see that stupid dome if the map is too bright

Fixes everything
Senior Dev
Server Moderator
Donator
Developer
IMO one hale either should be reworked or just removed: Demopan.
I have nothing serious against this hale. He is just bland.

We already have four Demoman hales and Demopan is the only one that doesn't have anything unique about him to bring to the table. He is just a demoknight with super jump and an extended charge that gives him crits even though he can already 1-2 shot every class without it.

It's still more balanced than his old rage where he blinds everyone with trade request spam, but there isn't really anything aside from super jump that separates him from your average demoknight
Totally not late to this reply.

I made 2 VSH pull requests, allowing to jump during charge and instakill charge bash, hopefully that helps the rage a bit more, but i get a feeling sentry will still be a problem.

rinzor

Warming up
Donator
make claidheamh mór make shield be fix once broken by big buff australian man withou shirt
have caused many rage
would make weapon useful

Forged Identity

the man who says nyeh
make claidheamh mór make shield be fix once broken by big buff australian man withou shirt
have caused many rage
would make weapon useful
already mentioned this in a mutual discord with you but yeah, a fleshed out version of this idea would be adding a prefix that stops the shield from breaking just making it act like a normal shield instead of protecting you from one hit whilst you have the clad equipped making "demoknight tf2" a thing in vsh (although demoknight is already diet scout atm).