Unwanted items

Muthix

Cut in!
Donator
I have always been thinking this but would it ever be possible to sell items we don't want to the store for a lower price they normally go for? or atleast when we delete an item get a very small amount of bp to compensate? I have a lot of items i don't use nor want but i don't want to just delete them. i could see this working only for unique and strange items and you would get about 2/4 of bp from the original price or 1/4 of the price dependent on the rarity of the item.

unitgon

again & again
Comm. Manager
Donator
Sounds pretty good. However there should be one big or multiple small BP sinks in return or else there's too much BP in circulation, that has been in discussion in staff a couple of times. BP is already pretty easy to gain at the moment. ze shekels

Muthix

Cut in!
Donator
Sounds pretty good. However there should be one big or multiple small BP sinks in return or else there's too much BP in circulation, that has been in discussion in staff a couple of times. BP is already pretty easy to gain at the moment. ze shekels
what if there was some kind of Gacha system for some create items? mabye taking a bit more bp then opening creates?
Post automatically merged:

what if there was some kind of Gacha system for some create items? mabye taking a bit more bp then opening creates?
and i mean by gacha like x items from selected creates all get thrown together in one pull instead of that one crate

Zane Truesdale

Vodka is the key to victory
Server Moderator
Donator
I think having a smelting system like TF2 has for making scrap metal could also be useful without there being BP overload

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
The idea of a reliable BP sink is something we all have been mulling over for a while. I've personally had a few ideas but nothing that would actually work.
Nevertheless, please do discuss your ideas here, it'll help make something that might actually work.

Apollo

The bane of Armstrong
Server Moderator
Donator
Uhm, maybe something to temporarily boost your own item drop rate (doesnt affect BP gain)

woo

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Donator
I think the crate system that's already in place would (continue to) work as a decent BP sink if it's given the same amount of attention as it was back in late 2017 (or at least any!), specifically with more common crates rather than rare/event-exclusive ones. They were pretty popular at the time, but since we haven't had any new crates since march of 2018, most regulars already have whatever they want from any of them so there's just no need to open crates anymore.

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
I think the crate system that's already in place would (continue to) work as a decent BP sink if it's given the same amount of attention as it was back in late 2017 (or at least any!), specifically with more common crates rather than rare/event-exclusive ones. They were pretty popular at the time, but since we haven't had any new crates since march of 2018, most regulars already have whatever they want from any of them so there's just no need to open crates anymore.
You're not wrong. I've been wanting to make crates more accessible without adding any blatant bullshittery, so they are a good candidate for a crafting recipe that takes random items to act as a sink

Muthix

Cut in!
Donator
You're not wrong. I've been wanting to make crates more accessible without adding any blatant bullshittery, so they are a good candidate for a crafting recipe that takes random items to act as a sink
i possible thing to also to is fix and add to crafting, it has little to no use anymore and has past event items only really

Forged Identity

the man who says nyeh
idea for the bp sink (sorry if i'm a little late). i came up with the idea of a weekly campaign thing to do with all the servers.

1) you get a guaranteed crate drop for playing on a server for a certain number of hours once per week, 1 per server. (incentivising play on every server to get a crate, seeing as those are in fairly high demand.)

2) after a full month if you manage to get all four crate drops every week in that month you get a guaranteed crate number 8 at the end of the month as a "player loyalty reward" or something.

I believe this would be effective for increasing server playtime across all of our currently existing servers and also encouraging people to spend their BP to open these crates. (perhaps putting a limit on them crate number 8's before they disappear from your backpack to stop people hoarding them.)

thanks for sitting through the long read.

Forged Identity

the man who says nyeh
The crates obtained this way could just be marked as ungiftable
if that's a status for redsun items that would definitely make implementation a lot easier (if the idea is good).