Top 3 Videogame soundtracks

Choose below which thread you would like to see next.

• Top 3 Favourite TV Shows

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Top 3 Movies

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Top 3 Least Favourite Video Game Soundtracks

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Alpha Spectre

Insert witty title here
Comm. Manager
Donator
Following on from the vote placed on the last thread, I've decided to continue on with these mini things and make them a semi-regular occurrence. So talk about exactly that here, your favourite video game soundtracks here. There is no restrictions for the most part on what you can post here, they can be full fledged triple A games, Indie games or even fan games. So tell us your picks below, and don't forget to vote on what thread you want to see next. As for myself they are as follows.

Number 3 - Fallout 4

While Fallout 4 was arguably the most divisive game yet, there's one area it stands above it's siblings for and that's it's soundtrack. Atmospheric and intense when it needs to be, when the soundtrack kicks in it really is one of the more memorable soundtracks I've heard in a video game in recent years.

Number 2 - Sonic Heroes

A flawed classic in my eyes in terms of gameplay, but one area it will always stand out in (like most sonic games I might add) and that's the soundtrack. This game has arguably my favourite soundtrack in the series with just how upbeat and diverse it is. Ranging from jovial rock pieces to somewhat unsettling horror themed pieces. This game is unmatched by most, however there is one soundtrack that takes the cake, and you know what it is.

Number 1 - Persona 5

Again this game finds it's way into my number one spot because like I said last time, this game does very few things wrong. The soundtrack is no exception, with just how unique and catchy it is. While Tohru might have raped the Jukebox into the ground one month with about 10 of the games songs, it still take the top spot for me.

Now tell us about your favourites, don't be shy if someone already posts the same as you, this is everyone's opinions.

Silva-Stars

mcchicken fucker #2
Donator
don't got really much to go by but...

Number 3 - Sonic Generations

Honestly this game was my first introduction into the mainline Sonic games, and got me hooked on the Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp soundtracks.

Number 2 - Kid Icarus Uprising

One recent playthrough of mine made me realize that this is one underrated game with a underrated soundtrack. With only 3 games in the entire franchise, there deserves to be more Kid Icarus games. Also alien jazz is great, and the intro to Aurum Island reminds me of some sort of spy theme.

Number 1 - Kingdom Hearts/Mario & Luigi

Counting these two as one because of them being both composed by Yoko Shimomura, who I think is AMAZING at her work for every game she has worked on. This also counts as being 2 of my many favorite RPG games that I play.

I wish I was able to include more, but I don't have a archive of every great game stuck in my head.

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Donator
Number 3: Sonic '06

This game has an amazing soundtrack, with the Solaris phases being my favorites. Too bad the game itself is a glitchy mess. At least the ball is being picked back up.

Number 2: Assault Android Cactus

This has got some cool sci-fi beats which fits the theme of the game. The music also has a gimmick during boss fights where the music changes up when a certain phase is reached. There is also a neat little EX Option called Rubber Music, which makes the speed of the music change with the flow of battle.

Number 1: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts is known for it's awesome beats composed by the legendary Yoko Shimomura, and I personally think the ones in Birth By Sleep Final Mix are the best ones yet (Until we get Kingdom Hearts III). From the spooky Hunter of the Dark to the PTSD inducing Dark Impetus, I have fond memories of just about every track here. Just wish the Terra-Xehanort music in the final episode kept the drums in the Final Mix version.

Mynt (DJKouta)

I AM screaming BEHIND MY SMILE! :)
Donator
Number 1: Splatoon/Splatoon 2

Both these games have some bumpin music. And the second has some pretty damn good remixes of songs from the first.

Number 2: Ape Escape 3

Every fucking level was crammed with its own soundtrack and a music shop too back at home base. The music in this game is stunning for the Ps2 era, it's a shame the game isn't played as much as the sequel.

Number 3: Pokemon Black and White/Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

This may be an unpopular opinion, but Pokemon Black and White's will never be beaten in my eyes. Ultra Sun/Moon had some good tunes, but god this game was just filled with energy. The Music was borderline perfection. Same goes for B2W2, the music was astounding. Dont even get me started on Ghetsis' Battle theme .

bungthebadger

Fuck off bung
Donator
Number 1: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story

My most favourite game all time, every time I remember Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story, all I can think about is the soundtrack (With Mario having 300+ health while Luigi has 400+ health, a little bit too much, yes?) and how it's energetic, that it pumps you up for every fight, which makes battles an absolute blast (except when you're grinding to achieve max rank, if you played this game you already know what I'm talking about). The absolute best song that lies within this game, is none other than: In The Final. No words can describe it, just listen to it.

Number 2: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky

This came close with Bowser's inside story. This is one of the few pokemon games that I have ever played, the other one being Pokemon Black 2. I played this game for hours upon hours straight with everything completed, the soundtrack matched virtually all the levels, from the cheerful and adventurous main theme to the ominous tones of Foggy Forest to the battle against Dialga. This game will always have a place in my heart for the joys it has brought me.

Number 3: Doom (2016)

Demons exploding left and right while listening to Argent combat or Rip and Tear is incredibly satisfying. Doom (2016) is one of those games that does music extraordinarily well and matches the tone of the game from the start and the end. I cannot describe this game for how great the game is and the soundtrack as well.

Runner up: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonic

Number 3: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas/V
Either new songs, or licensed songs, GTA radio is always there for you when you're speeding through the streets running countless people over.

Number 2: Mario 64-Odyssey
3D Mario always has great music. Probably cheating to put more than one game but all 4 (5 including galaxy 2?) titles have unforgettable tunes that'll be in my head for years.

Number 1: Sonic Heroes
Favorite game of all time. Not perfect but nostalgia mixed in with the best soundtrack from the series known for great music is probably grounds for a reasonable explanation of why this is #1