Dodgeball tfdb_room21

Krizis

yeah
A replica of that one overrated stage from Lethal League, now in TFDB form!
(yeah the screenshots are still JPEG because steam is retarded and won't save PNG copies)

View: https://imgur.com/a/cZbxewe

If you think this map needs improvements/has certain bugs, don't hesitate to tell me.

P.S. The "map transform" effect took me a whole day to implement since I didn't know what inputs/outputs to use. (not to mention it's my first time mapping)
Kudos to
42 and Alex Turtle for helping me!

v2a BSP Download (33MB-ish)

Last edited:

λfamudo

genuine master spark
Donator
looks promising
i really hope you decrease the file size as said in your post, you could also increase the gap a little bit as it seems a bit too cqc (unless that's what you were going for in which case all power to you)

Krizis

yeah
Alright, v2 is now live and I genuinely hope it's not fucked up for other players

Changelog:
  • Drastically increased the room size
  • Reduced the BSP file size by 50% (i guess 33MB is a reasonable file size because music and stuff)
  • The map transformation effect now activates on 1v1, map no longer turns red during fights between 1 player versus literally everyone else
  • Fixed various bugs related to the map transformation effect
  • Rockets no longer go inside the ceiling fan
  • The special book rocket no longer gets stuck on the ceiling fan upon spawn

I've updated the download link, along with the screenshots link

Last edited:

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
imgur albums should auto-embed here so you dont really need to hide it behind a link, otherwise good stuff

Krizis

yeah
Okay v2a let's go

Changelog:
  • Actually fixed the map transformation effect for the 586th time
  • Changed the spectator camera locations so you get massively confused about which team you're staring at because I said so
  • The middle pit turns into fucking lava during the 1v1 effect
  • Made the music significantly louder to satisfy your eardrums (or not)

Please let this be the last time I have to fix this shitty map transform effect

god

Last edited:

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Can't upload, you need to change the filename, otherwise people that already downloaded v2 will get an error when trying to join. Either change it to v2a or v2_1 or whatever versioning scheme you prefer.
Also: Just renaming usually breaks something (mostly cubemaps), so you need to actually compile with a different name.

Krizis

yeah
Can't upload, you need to change the filename, otherwise people that already downloaded v2 will get an error when trying to join. Either change it to v2a or v2_1 or whatever versioning scheme you prefer.
Also: Just renaming usually breaks something (mostly cubemaps), so you need to actually compile with a different name.
Will do that real quick