Dodgeball tfdb_marvelous_b1

Handsome Zane

Red Sun's #1 Alcoholic
Server Moderator
Donator
It looks pretty nice from that one photo, but I do believe more info is required.
If that one pic is meant to sum up the whole map, could you give a bit more description as to what it is and if it has any secrets?
Details are key

xtrem_spook

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ye ok. it is just a basic dodge ball map with two platforms. I was just playing around in hammer and came up with a weird group of blocks. there isn't any secrets, I'm not that good at hammer. and yes the picture is enough to present the map

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Yo no worries, the map is pretty good. I like the platforms.

Some changes I'd recommend:
  • Move the kill trigger much closer to the platforms. If someone falls while targeted, the rocket will follow him all the way down. Then they'll die the rocket will retarget and fly all the way back up
  • Learn about Source engines optimizations: Visleafs. While they don't really matter for a db map FPS wise, doing it properly will still reduce your compile by a whole lot. Crash has good explanation. If you want even more info, TopHatWaffle has 30 minutes on this (and more)
    For a db map func_detailing every brush that isn't a cube (so in your case every single one) will usually be fine.
    Quick comparison

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Uploaded for testing, you can ask any mod/dev if they would do a playtest.