Donator
Developer
It's hypercube, but with more cubes.

Current state: Final - Release Candidate
Download: tfdb_cubic_rc2

• rc2:
    • Improved the visualization for the special round
    • Increased chance for special round from 1/9 to 1/5
    • Changed the catapults speed. Now depending on distance to target (750 for lowest platform, 1200 for highest)
    • Fixed nukes getting stuck when spawning
    • Fixed the barrier visualizer at round start
  • rc1:
    • Scaled the whole map by 125% (or was it 110%?)
    • Increased the catapults launch speed from 900 to 1200
    • Removed fall damage. Who even needs that?
      • Removed the healing mechanic
    • Added a rare round where the barrier in the middle is disabled and allows you to strafe to the other side
      • 1 in 9 chance to occur (at round start)
  • b3:
    • Moved the rocket spawn to the rotating cube in the middle
    • Huge shoutout to the source engine for making info_targets so easy to parent
    • Added a random global heal
    • Added a visualizer for the barrier, only visible at the start of the round
      • Bug: Sometimes, at the start of the map (when a round hasn't started yet), the texture remains visible. May also remain visible when joining the map (can't test). Can't fix it due to the way material_modify_control works. Texture should always fade to invisible at the start of a round
    • Moved most outputs at the start of a round from logic_auto to tf_logic_arena

• b2:
    • Increased skybox size to stop rockets from bouncing at unreasonable places
    • Added a func_nogrenade. Rockets that follow a player that jumps/falls down will just (hopefully) be deleted to stop others getting screwed over
    • Probably other (minor) stuff that I don't remember anymore

Last edited:

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
But can one ascend the cubes now?
At the lowest cube, in the corner, is a catapult that launches you to a random cube on the other side. Getting to the enemy side is not possible. So chance to get on the highest cube is 1/9 (Though you could probably surf to higher cube than the launch target).

If you have any other suggestions, I'm always listening.
--- AUTOMERGE ---
how large are the pyros though
Cubes are the same size as on hypercube, but the vertical distance between them is halfed

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Took a while because I tried far to many things that just didn't work out in the end.

Changelog for b2:
  • Increased skybox size to stop rockets from bouncing at unreasonable places
  • Added a func_nogrenade. Rockets that follow a player that jumps/falls down will just (hopefully) be deleted to stop others getting screwed over
  • Probably other (minor) stuff that I don't remember anymore
Download link

I'm now just trying to find a way to properly heal a players without seeming weird. Final release soon™

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Changelog for b3:
  • Moved the rocket spawn to the rotating cube in the middle
    • Huge shoutout to the source engine for making info_targets so easy to parent
  • Added a random global heal
  • Added a visualizer for the barrier, only visible at the start of the round
    • Bug: Sometimes, at the start of the map (when a round hasn't started yet), the texture remains visible. May also remain visible when joining the map (can't test). Can't fix it due to the way material_modify_control works. Texture should always fade to invisible at the start of a round
  • Moved most outputs at the start of a round from logic_auto to tf_logic_arena
Download link

Core map is done now. Currently plan is to add a rare round where the barrier that separates the teams is disabled.

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Changelog for rc1:
  • Added a rare round where the barrier in the middle is disabled and allows you to strafe to the other side
Download

@Frosty Scales @JugadorXEI: I'll leave the call of disabling gravity coins up to you. Space coin wouldn't break a lot, but players would probably get launched too far up and hit the skybox. Inverted space coin will be slightly deadly.

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Changelog for rc1:
Download

@Frosty Scales @JugadorXEI: I'll leave the call of disabling gravity coins up to you. Space coin wouldn't break a lot, but players would probably get launched too far up and hit the skybox. Inverted space coin will be slightly deadly.
they'll be disabled