szf_junction_b1 playtest.

Forged Identity

Warming up
when asking in a server I was told to post here.
i'd like to playtest my map (szf junction) on the servers.
for an example of what the map looks like it is a modded version of cp junction using the control points to unlock doors that open other sections of the map to make the map somewhat open in the way players progress.

video showcase of the map provided here >>>
thanks for your time.

*edit

thanks to everyone who showed up for the test, the issue regarding directions has been fixed (hopefully) and I've placed the killboxes where they need to be to stop the map not functioning thanks for playing the first (messy) version. b2 is here and might be getting tested soon in place of this (so I can get gameplay improvements hopefully.)

Last edited:

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
I'm interested in seeing how this works out. Throw me a download link to the bsp (ideally a full compile) and I'll upload it for testing.

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
I haven't seen this being played just yet, but I am guessing this would be a sort of first time edit, so to speak.
I guess I'll have more to say when I've seen this being played.

Forged Identity

Warming up
when asking in a server I was told to post here.
i'd like to playtest my map (szf junction) on the servers.
for an example of what the map looks like it is a modded version of cp junction using the control points to unlock doors that open other sections of the map to make the map somewhat open in the way players progress.

video showcase of the map provided here >>>
thanks for your time.

*edit

thanks to everyone who showed up for the test, the issue regarding directions has been fixed (hopefully) and I've placed the killboxes where they need to be to stop the map not functioning thanks for playing the first (messy) version. b2 is here and might be getting tested soon in place of this (so I can get gameplay improvements hopefully.)

so after the playtest that happened of the b1 and 2 versions I've got a change list I'd like to present that I've already discussed with some users in particular but here they are for the judgement of you guys (I'd like to know if any of these need changing before I implement them.)

this is feedback from a user who will remain anonymous unless they want their name added to this thread:

1) Zombies bumps into this thing when they try to exit the spawn so they need to jump in order to exit the spawn room. This thing kind of annoys me.
You can easily fix that by adding player clip like this or just make this window no solid. Choose what works out better.

2) Add func_respawnroom on spawn points. Because you can't change class unless you type "kill/explode" in console.

3) This moving barrel... I got stuck here like 2 times because I'm very "intelligent". Players get stuck into this barrel and get damage from the waste. I thought it was a phys prop but thankfully it wasn't.
I guess you made this in order to allow players to get into the control point without getting damage from the waste. I think simple parkour would be much better option here. But this just my opinion, I think you can come up with something better than me.

4) For me it wasn't clear where I should go when you capture the last control point. So I died from so called "infection" after couple of seconds when I figured out where to go but it was too late for me(and other player who was with me). Maybe make it more clearer to where to go?

5) Not very fan of this vent. Maybe make a long vent to the kind of "secret room"? Or make the fence not breakable unless someone is in here since it kind of breaks the point of that vent.

6) As 42 said I like the idea of zombies spawning above the point. But there's too much spawn points.

7) The map is very fast paced. I guess it's because of the size of the original map. It's too cramped and there is not much you can do with it. Consider this: make a new map with the new layout(with kind of same layout) but with the same style as the original map. As other people said. Don't use red color for lighting.

I guess you already listened to other's feedback but I hope mine will help you too.(I guess)
Also I want to help you with the "train" part. I may contribute to this map if you want.
Now I wish you good luck with your map! Cheers!

my response here:

1) those are guard rails that were in the default version of the map, i'll be removing those and reducing the number of spawn points above the C point as well as putting a glass roof above C

2) func_respawn triggers are easy enough and all i'd need to do is tell them to disable after the setup period is over consider it done.

3) the moving barrels will stay but i'll widen the door that opens out into the others side of A point (so it matches the entrance to the toxic hazard room

4) as for directional indicators i'll try and make it more clear where to go but I don't really have any great ideas.

5) as for the vent im considering changing it to a breakable in the same way the fence functions near B point as well

6) like I said earlier in 1 i'll be moving zombie spawns around a bit so they are for the most part unable to leap onto last point

7) creating a new map would take a lot of time so instead i'll try and open out some of the map and edit pre exsisting areas or create new ones to make the play space larger for both teams.

8) as for the train section I've decided to teleport players to a sort of train yard / warehouse where they must survive for 60 seconds before they win the map.

and now for the feedback compiled from playtests:

too much hp
too small
cover roof of c
back up b spawns
move zombie spawns from above the cap

if there's anything else that needs to be included to this list of changes please let me know! thanks for your time and care for the project guys!