Action Taken Server Ban - ID: 3284 (Last Attempt 3: The Last Hope)

Captain Potassium

King of Bananas
Donator
Ban ID: Server Ban - ID: 3284
Reason to remove the ban: Joking title aside, I'm not gonna take as much time with this one. If you want more details you can visit my last two previous attempts.

I believe I should be unbanned for a couple reasons. One is such thing can't exactly be proven through just text alone and that's behavior. I was initially banned for Disrespecting and Admin/Mod and general disruption of gameplay. The Mod that placed the ban however is no longer one of the moderators, but I have been told previously that him being gone is not reason enough to get unbanned, because that ban happened for a reason. And looking back on it, I agree. I was incredibly disrespectful and had I waited a few days and made a proper apology I probably might have gotten unbanned. I've gotten a lot calmer since I got a new job and went back on medication for my ADHD and Depression.

The second reason I feel the ban should be lifted is that I believe a lifetime ban was far too harsh of a punishment. My behavior in trying to fix the issue back when it occurred was unnacceptable and looking back I would have given myself a ban for this behavior too. What started out as a small misunderstanding quickly turned into an ugly argument and behavior like that SHOULD be punished. And while I have since accepted that punishment, I really miss the server and it would be great to hop on with my friends again. It's been nearly three years, I think that's enough time for someone to change their habits and fix their problems.

Thank you for your time.

Date/Time of ban: 19/02/2017
Server where ban was applied: Armstrong.

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
Once again, thanks for following the template, shows you can read and form opinions instead of mindlessly screaming for an unban.
Your ban was originally placed by someone who has since resigned from the mod team, so unless they are willing to comment on the matter, I will look at this myself as it is a permanent ban.

Disrespecting and Admin/Mod and general disruption of gameplay
That usually never gets anyone banned on its own, you were probably just banned for disruption of gameplay as shittalking is constant here.
I was incredibly disrespectful and had I waited a few days and made a proper apology I probably might have gotten unbanned.
You admit you did wrong, and a lot of people can't admit that. Respect where it's due.
I believe a lifetime ban was far too harsh of a punishment
You had 2(3?) prior bans upon checking from this appeal, all from the same ex-moderator. As you said, it's been three years since this ban and few people even remember why this was exactly placed, I can't really argue anything for or against this being valid reasoning for desiring a removal of the ban.
My behavior in trying to fix the issue back when it occurred was unnacceptable and looking back I would have given myself a ban for this behavior too.
Again, you seem to have matured and are willing to take blame for acting up. Respect where it's due.
What started out as a small misunderstanding quickly turned into an ugly argument and behavior like that SHOULD be punished.
You'd need to speak to said ex-moderator (if they even remember why they banned you) for more of the details, I didn't personally issue this ban so I can't comment too much on it.
It's been nearly three years, I think that's enough time for someone to change their habits and fix their problems.
Three years is indeed a long time, and you seem to have taken that time and reflected on your actions.

I have gone ahead and revoked your ban. Please allow a short amount of time for the local permaban cache on each server to clear.
I have also left this thread unlocked should anyone involved wish to comment on this.

Captain Potassium

King of Bananas
Donator
Once again, thanks for following the template, shows you can read and form opinions instead of mindlessly screaming for an unban.
Your ban was originally placed by someone who has since resigned from the mod team, so unless they are willing to comment on the matter, I will look at this myself as it is a permanent ban.

That usually never gets anyone banned on its own, you were probably just banned for disruption of gameplay as shittalking is constant here.

You admit you did wrong, and a lot of people can't admit that. Respect where it's due.

You had 2(3?) prior bans upon checking from this appeal, all from the same ex-moderator. As you said, it's been three years since this ban and few people even remember why this was exactly placed, I can't really argue anything for or against this being valid reasoning for desiring a removal of the ban.

Again, you seem to have matured and are willing to take blame for acting up. Respect where it's due.

You'd need to speak to said ex-moderator (if they even remember why they banned you) for more of the details, I didn't personally issue this ban so I can't comment too much on it.

Three years is indeed a long time, and you seem to have taken that time and reflected on your actions.

I have gone ahead and revoked your ban. Please allow a short amount of time for the local permaban cache on each server to clear.
I have also left this thread unlocked should anyone involved wish to comment on this.
To be honest. I didn't really think I'd get anything out of this last attempt. Glad I listened to my gut. THanks for giving me a second chance.
Post automatically merged:

Also don't forget the steam group. Skorda kicked me from that to. He was thorough I'll give him that.

Last edited: