No Action Taken Server Ban - ID: 3284 (Couple years old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Potassium

King of Bananas
Donator
Ban ID: Server Ban - ID: 3284
Reason to remove the ban: I received my ban a couple years ago for the "apparent" crime of disrespecting a mod. The now ex-mod in question was "Skörda", and it started out as a mic ban for being too loud on the mic, which is fine. I was quoting this:

However, a little under a week later, I received a chat ban for apparently insulting him with the phrase, "Apparently some people don't like Doctor Weird impressions." I didn't think this phrase was hurtful and it didn't even name anyone, however, upon loading the next gamemode, none of my chat commands worked and I couldn't post anything in chat. Realizing I may have been banned, I went to my Redsun.tf profile to find that not only had my Mic ban been extended, but a chat ban had been added.

I did attempt to make an appeal, but unfortunately, the mod who read my ban appeal also happened to be the same mod who put those bans in place. I was actually able to find the appeal I made back when this all happened and will provide a link: The ban appeal in question

This was also the response I got on Redsun.tf: This link might not work but if it does that's the ban

While the appeal I gave probably wasn't the best argument I could've come up with, I think a simple "No just wait out the bans," would have been much better than a Permanent Server Ban and essentially being told to "F*** off." At that point, I was banned from the server, the steam page, and while I'm not sure anymore, the discord.

I believe my ban should be removed because first, the ban in question is a couple years old and the mod who gave it is no longer affiliated with the server. Second, from my point of view, it seemed like my ban were delivered more out of bias rather than for actual reasons. The Mic Ban was fine, The Chat Ban was given with absolutely no warning, and the Permaban itself was given simply because they didn't like my response.

Sorry about the long appeal. Even if I don't get unbanned for this, it feels good knowing that I got a legitimate chance to try again.

Date/Time of ban: 19/02/2017
Server where ban was applied: Armstrong, but I'm essentially banned from all of them

Last edited by a moderator:

Skorda

Twice the ruckus-raising productivity
Thank you for resurrecting me back from the dead to have a say in this.
apparently insulting him with the phrase, "Apparently some people don't like Doctor Weird impressions."
That wasn't what set me off, what set me off was you going on server chat and spreading fear about me, which I don't appreciate.

the Permaban itself was given simply because they didn't like my response.
Of course I didn't like your response to it, you entered my dms and acted like an immature asshole about it. I admit I could've handled it better, but ultimately it was on you.

For context why i'm not mod anymore it's because of high disagreements with the current administrators and focusing on life. I personally vouch no on your appeal because you're still avoiding a lot of reasons as to why i placed that ban on you, and that only tells me they will happen again, leaving post-Skorda redsun to put up with it. I of course have no power to remove or enforce anything anymore, but I feel like I should have a say since you personally beefed with me and while this appeal is certainly more mature than how you treated me, I am still off-set that you still have things to repent and work on.

back to my grave

Captain Potassium

King of Bananas
Donator
Thank you for resurrecting me back from the dead to have a say in this.

That wasn't what set me off, what set me off was you going on server chat and spreading fear about me, which I don't appreciate.

Of course I didn't like your response to it, you entered my dms and acted like an immature asshole about it. I admit I could've handled it better, but ultimately it was on you.

For context why i'm not mod anymore it's because of high disagreements with the current administrators and focusing on life. I personally vouch no on your appeal because you're still avoiding a lot of reasons as to why i placed that ban on you, and that only tells me they will happen again, leaving post-Skorda redsun to put up with it. I of course have no power to remove or enforce anything anymore, but I feel like I should have a say since you personally beefed with me and while this appeal is certainly more mature than how you treated me, I am still off-set that you still have things to repent and work on.

back to my grave
Sorry to resurrect you, I heard coffins are pretty comfy. Honestly, I barely remember anything that happened but I know I wasn't intentionally trying to spread fear of you. I was mostly just butt hurt I got mic banned. Truthfully, we both could have handled the situation better.

Honestly, I only want to get back on because it was one of the very few places I could play certain gamemodes (and where I learned to surf in source engine). If I do get unbanned, I'll only be on during the weekend anyway, and I have my mic volume set down LOW.

I'm sure I could ramble on a bit further, but I think I'll call it good here. Have a good day/night talking skeleton dude.

unitgon

again & again
Comm. Manager
Donator
Hello Captain Potassium, first off thank you for appealing your ban in a proper format.

Together with the rest of the Mod Team we have decided that you won't be having your ban lifted.
One part that influenced this decision is that we still stand by and entrust the judgement of our ex-moderator. The other being the exact wording in your responses not sparking enough feelings of trust in that the problems caused in the past will happen again.

Appeal has been denied and thus the thread shall be locked and marked.

Status
Not open for further replies.