No Action Taken Server Ban - ID: 3284 (Actual last attempt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Potassium

King of Bananas
Donator
Ban ID: Server Ban - ID: 3284
Reason to remove the ban: Okay first off, if possible, I'd like Skörda to read this one too. I resurrected you once and whether by magic or shovel I'll do it again.

Now, on to the actual reason. I went back and read the appeal I made and I can see now that all I really did was recap what happened and only from my point of view. Since then, I decided to look at everything, including the Discord chat with Skörda, and I started piecing everything together. Now I will still stand by my opinion that a permanent ban was a bit much, but I can understand why it happened now.

I was obnoxiously loud on the mic, and I do recall being told by one of the mods that they frequently got complaints about my volume. However, aside from that, I was a pretty chill (except on Smash Fortress) guy and tried to follow the rules to the best of my abilities. Or at least I thought. Looking back, not only was I loud, I was a mic hog. I had a bad habit of sharing every little thing I said over the mic and I can understand how that would get annoying. Now I have no idea how often Skörda was on the server. I don't recall seeing him too much until I was first told about him. That being said, I rely HEAVILY on interaction with people in order to build an idea on how to act around them, so with no prior interaction at all until the Mic Ban that I remember, it didn't sit well with me.

Now I honestly don't remember all that much with it all being two years ago, and I truly don't remember if I was actually saying more about Skörda than I remember. If I was, it was most likely small passive aggressive comments, although I think I remember typing "Fuck Skorda" into chat immediately after the Mic Ban. After the permaban though, I went full hostile for quite a while. Thing is though, I never really tried looking at it a different way. I have no idea what was going on in his IRL life, but if it was anything like how I feel when I hear my name come up in conversation and nothing else, I can understand why things happened the way they did. On top of that, after reading through it a couple times, I can totally understand why Skörda didn't believe me when I told him my age. If someone came into my DMs and acted like that, I'd assume they're a child too. Dude I am so sorry.

Now with that out of the way, I do have some solutions to previous issues. While I can't guarantee I'll stop being a Mic Hog, I can guarantee my mic is significantly quieter. I currently have my "Voice Receive" or whatever the setting is called set at about 20% so my voice in game is actually pretty quiet now. I'm also going to be a lot calmer since, unlike before, I'm currently on meds for both ADHD and Depression. I also work a job that makes it nearly impossible for me to get on during the week so I'll only be on during the weekend.

As for why I should be let back on...

I don't really have an answer anymore. I was loud and disruptive pre-ban, and came off as toxic and spiteful post-ban. The only thing I can say is that there really isn't much of reason for keeping me banned or letting me back on anymore. The reason for both at this point is purely a game of "What if?" All I'm asking is that I be given a chance, in game, to prove that I've changed. If I have, then I'm back on the server and not much else happens. If after a while, it seems like I haven't, then you put the ban back and I'm gone again. This server was just something different for me. I joined on during the whole "Is this the Flowey Map?" wave (those were dark times), and quickly became a common sight on the server. Sure I was loud, but I was also fun for a lot of players on the server. For me, the server served as what I needed. Now I didn't need to spend minutes at a time looking for a new server after I got bored of a certain gamemode. I'm just trying to get that feeling back. A small suggestion, I suppose you could let me back on with a Mic Ban in place, that way I'm limited to chat.

Anyway, sorry for the long appeal (again). I hope you take all that I've said into consideration. I'm definitely a different person than I was two years ago, and I'd like a chance that isn't simply in a text box to prove it. Thank you for your time.

Date/Time of ban: 19/02/2017
Server where ban was applied: Armstrong.

VoidBlitz

Mean Meme Machine
Comm. Manager
Donator
Hi there. Skorda will not be raised as he is no longer staff, though if he wishes to have input I have no problems with that since he was your original banner, ex-staff or not.

Instead, I will be telling you that

1) It generally isn't a good idea to try and re-appeal a longtime/perma type ban that got denied unless you have evidence it was an unjust ban, which I don't see anywhere in either your last appeal or this one.

2) This appeal is going to be denied on the basis of it being entirely too soon to reappeal.

Also
As for why I should be let back on...

I don't really have an answer anymore. I was loud and disruptive pre-ban, and came off as toxic and spiteful post-ban. The only thing I can say is that there really isn't much of reason for keeping me banned or letting me back on anymore.
If you don't have an answer, why bother making an appeal?

And
The reason for both at this point is purely a game of "What if?"
Generally those types of reasons that I've seen get let through, whenever on this community or some other, generally end up backfiring, and that's not a chance I was wanting to take anyway.

TL;DR Appeal denied due to it being entirely too soon to re-appeal, also please give us an actual reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.