Remove Random Crits

Do you think the RedSun staff should remove random crits ?

• Total voters

M. Dizzy

The Green Cap / / / / A Franco-Swiss Meany Greenie
Well, it sounds kind of self-explanatory but I'll show some reasons of why Random Crits should be no more, at least on this server :

- Their randomness can entirely deny sometimes well thought strategies with only sheer luck.
- They are not consistent, and therefore can feel unfair.
- Dying to someone that you were supposed to kill just because he shot you a crocket feels very frustrating.
- Killing someone else who was supposed to kill you just because you shot him a crocket right into his face feels very unsatisfying (And usually, you just feel bad for them).
- It partially defeat the purpose of dueling mini-games as winning a duel with a score of 4-0 with one assist and two random crits doesn't require much skill to begin with.
- People can get pretty annoyed (or even salty) after getting repeatedly killed by random crits, which somehow manages to increases the toxicity a player might have on the said server.
- A player who is getting a higher kill rate and DPS will have more chance to obtain random crits, which creates a much bigger void between veterans and rookies unlike most people would actually believe.
- They are just plain unfun.

Don't get me wrong, crits which are obtained by doing a required action such as building a Kritzkrieg charge, headshotting, backstabbing, and all that stuff isn't wrong by any mean, but the existence of random crits in any server basically decrease the fun a player might have on here, and can even make them quit the server faster (and more often ragequit), and thus not because he didn't liked the server by itself, but because his gameplay was deteriorated by those random crits.

Remove random crits, have more fun.

Last edited:

GeeNoVoid

Can't stop makign typos.
Global Mod
Donator
Developer
I personally find random crits funny under certain circumstances, but i can live with or without them really

knightriderx25

Warming up
Donator
Last I read about random crits, they're not as random as you think. It depends on your damage imput, so the more you do, the more chance you get at getting crits.

Which is ridiculous.

M. Dizzy

Last I read about random crits, they're not as random as you think. It depends on your damage imput, so the more you do, the more chance you get at getting crits.

Which is ridiculous.
I'm just gonna put a previous quote of mine which confirms what you've just said.

- A player who is getting a higher kill rate and DPS will have more chance to obtain random crits, which creates a much bigger void between veterans and rookies unlike most people would actually believe

knightriderx25

Warming up
Donator
I'm just gonna put a previous quote of mine which confirms what you've just said.
They really should change this and benefit the losing player rather than reward a player that is already in the lead.

M. Dizzy

They really should change this and benefit the losing player rather than reward a player that is already in the lead.
I know right ? Like, this can be frustrating for a winning player, but for a newcomer, it's just plain unfun.

Jun

Harbinger of Oblivion
As the meme goes, "Random crits are fair and balanced."

To be honest, I feel like removing random crits completely would be worse than lowering the chances to acquire random critical hits.

Random crits sometimes help turn the tide in your favor or the opponent's, and I personally feel like it's a fun system to be incorporated into servers if used right.

My personal opinion, feel free to judge me on it.