Smash Fortress Removal of pyro

It is undeniable that pyro does not belong in smash fortress, not only do his core mechanics directly contradict the entire point of smash fortress, that being high damage, single shot attacks, but the play style he encourages makes him incredibly boring and frustrating to fight. The pyro's flamethrower combines with the knock back mechanic the game mode is based around resulting in the player getting stun locked until the pyro literally pushes him off of the map. It is not like it is a skillful mechanic either, the flamethrower requires very little aiming, and once the pyro hit an enemy once, he can focus them down without having to aim since they are forced in the direction the pyro is facing. Even if the player attempts to strafe, the rapid nature of the pyro's damage interrupts and prevents this. There is absolutely no reason pyro should be playable during smash fortress as he only serves to make the game mode worse.

Just a BLU Toon

Cherry is top tier waifu
Donator
First off, last time I played (this could've been changed), the Pyro's flamethrower can only have a maximum of 80 ammo at a time. That only enough for 4 airblasts. The ammo regens by 4 per second, if I recall correctly. That means if a pyro runs out of ammo, you have 5 whole seconds to get out of the way of another airblast or a lot of fire damage.

Also, what does this have to do with Heavy? Your thread is literally titled "Removal of pyro and heavy", but you mention Heavy literally nowhere in here.

Sanic

Noah Munck's a cool dude
I mean, smash fortress isn't really suppose to replicate smash bros entirely with its mechanics. Its a gamemode that takes the base mechanics of smash bros and puts it into TF2, while modifying how some classes play. Theres no intended method of play, the gamemode gives the players tools and allow them to make their own methods of playing, which is how it should be. The only time something should be changed is if a meta gets caught on one play style. When comparing to other classes, pyro is weaker than some. For example, with how maps are wide open, a heavy can simply shoot at the pyro, and he can't get close because its a heavy. And why remove heavy too? Hes probably the weakest class in the gamemode, if anything he should be buffed.

Also the first thing to solve a problem with a gamemode shouldn't be to remove the problem, but to buff/nerf it. If heavy and pyro got removed, it would only create a new problem.

First off, last time I played (this could've been changed), the Pyro's flamethrower can only have a maximum of 80 ammo at a time. That only enough for 4 airblasts. The ammo regens by 4 per second, if I recall correctly. That means if a pyro runs out of ammo, you have 5 whole seconds to get out of the way of another airblast or a lot of fire damage.

Also, what does this have to do with Heavy? Your thread is literally titled "Removal of pyro and heavy", but you mention Heavy literally nowhere in here.
It is clear you did not read my post as I did not mention airblast once. And 80 ammo is still enough to stunlock and kill any player without any skill, or interesting strategy.

I mean, smash fortress isn't really suppose to replicate smash bros entirely with its mechanics. Its a gamemode that takes the base mechanics of smash bros and puts it into TF2, while modifying how some classes play. Theres no intended method of play, the gamemode gives the players tools and allow them to make their own methods of playing, which is how it should be. The only time something should be changed is if a meta gets caught on one play style. When comparing to other classes, pyro is weaker than some. For example, with how maps are wide open, a heavy can simply shoot at the pyro, and he can't get close because its a heavy. And why remove heavy too? Hes probably the weakest class in the gamemode, if anything he should be buffed.

Also the first thing to solve a problem with a gamemode shouldn't be to remove the problem, but to buff/nerf it. If heavy and pyro got removed, it would only create a new problem.
Pyro only servers to make the gamemode worse, he takes tools away from players and offers nothing in return aside from a boring playstyle that is not fun to play with or against. His basic gameplay conflicts with the mechanics of smash fortress in such away that removing him is the best option.

VoidBlitz16

Mean Meme Machine
Server Moderator
Donator
It is clear you did not read my post as I did not mention airblast once.
Oof, the irony considering you failed to mention anything about Heavy and yet your post is titled as is...

Also, Pyro suffers from one issue with his flamethrower; Distance. So while playing against pyro CAN be annoying, really what you should be doing is backing off. Not sure why you think Pyro is broken when he's considerably more balanced than you think.

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Administrator
Pyro is nowhere near as good as you think on smash and very easy to avoid for most classes.

Pyro can just get shot by snipers. So just snipe them.

CPU_Neptune

I don't have anything funny to put here.
Scout or soldier is stronger in my opinion

Ganymede ✦

Grumpiest person in town
Scout's definetly much more stronger. Trust me, it's way more infuriating to fight against one of those.