Reduced map options with lower player counts?

I really didn't know where to post this, so apologies if it's in the wrong place. But I have a question regarding the way the map vote system (and RTV) work on RedSun. I was playing with a friend of mine yesterday alone on Armstrong and wanted to show them some of the game modes we have to offer. But map votes only seemed to display one the following game modes:
  • Super Zombie Fortress
  • Stop That Tank!
  • Tank Race
  • Combat Surf
  • Randomizer
  • Team Battles
  • Mystery Map
My question is why? Why such a limited selection when only two people are on the server? Is it to prevent badge grinding? Or is it for some other reason?

Thanks.

Badge Whore
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Most of the gamemodes locked from player limit is arena-based gamemode. Arena isn't really that fun in low players, or 1 new player joins empty arena map only to find out you have to wait for another player which isn't that fun.

Though almost half of gamemodes we have is arena, not much non-arena gamemodes.

Most of the gamemodes locked from player limit is arena-based gamemode. Arena isn't really that fun in low players, or 1 new player joins empty arena map only to find out you have to wait for another player which isn't that fun.

Though almost half of gamemodes we have is arena, not much non-arena gamemodes.
That doesn't really explain why only six gamemodes are displayed in the map vote plus Mystery Map. There are more than six non-arena gamemodes.

Badge Whore
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
That doesn't really explain why only six gamemodes are displayed in the map vote plus Mystery Map. There are more than six non-arena gamemodes.
The only non-arena gamemodes you've not mentioned is freeze tag, which I think it already in rotation but rare? We also have Player VS Map, but it kept very rare as it gets spammed a lot for bp drops while we only have 2 maps.

But rest of the gamemodes is arena, as I said we dont have much non-arena gamemodes. Maybe we should find more of those.