Predictions for August 8th's Smash Bros Ultimate Direct

Just a BLU Toon

Cherry is top tier waifu
Donator
This thread is only viable today as the direct is tomorrow at the time of writing this. Post here what you're personally hoping for/predicting for the Smash Bros Ultimate Direct.

Personally for me, I don't really have anything except for maybe Shadow as an Echo Fighter for Sonic, and *maybe* by some slim chance, Sakurai pulls something on us like "Waluigi broke out of the assist trophy and is ready to battle as a fighter".

It's a stretch but... Hey, he brought us Ridley, who he previously said would never make it in due to being too big, so who knows.

Last edited:

Mynt (DJKouta)

I AM screaming BEHIND MY SMILE! :)
Donator
Can I get uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Different pokemon for different palletes.

I want a trainer with a Cindaquill

Just a BLU Toon

Cherry is top tier waifu
Donator
Can I get uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Different pokemon for different palletes.

I want a trainer with a Cindaquill
Palette or Echo Fighter? Cuz if palette I doubt Cyndanquil would go well over Squirtle

*cough* shell bash *cough*

But ngl I'd like to see that too

Silva-Stars

mcchicken fucker #2
Donator
tbh if there were more pokemon that werent gen 7 rep, and we got a gen 5 rep, id pick dewott, and for a pretty good reason too, its a bipedal pokemon that uses scallops as a weapon (razor shell) and a water type that can use moves like water gun for ranged attacks and etc. oh and oshawott is a pokeball mon.

second note, from the series we already have, id expect maybe a new kirby newcomer.

oh and echo fighters? shadow wouldnt suprise me.

and im not ranting about shantae again, she has to be a must

Waifers

kero kero
Server Moderator
Donator
I will be disappointed if Shadow is an echo fighter if he is a playable character.

That aside, Bandana Dee at the moment looks like the most obvious newcomer so lets go with a Bandana Dee reveal, with another character probably being teased.
Gamemode wise, I'm hoping for a melee-esque adventure mode with branching paths and a classic mode that isn't butchered.

Silva-Stars

mcchicken fucker #2
Donator
tbh if there were more pokemon that werent gen 7 rep, and we got a gen 5 rep, id pick dewott, and for a pretty good reason too, its a bipedal pokemon that uses scallops as a weapon (razor shell) and a water type that can use moves like water gun for ranged attacks and etc. oh and oshawott is a pokeball mon.

second note, from the series we already have, id expect maybe a new kirby newcomer.

oh and echo fighters? shadow wouldnt suprise me.

and im not ranting about shantae again, she has to be a must
forgot to add, subspace 2 has to happen

Niney

It's NINE-EE not NINNY
too bad the only quality 3D Shovel Knight model in existence was used for a Yooka-Laylee cameo eCH
Excuse you. He's massive in Blade Strangers, the fighting game made by Nicalis.

Mynt (DJKouta)

I AM screaming BEHIND MY SMILE! :)
Donator

Niney

It's NINE-EE not NINNY
Honestly, either Incineroar or Decidueye. I feel either may be overused ideas at this point. Incineroar is Fire and Wrestling moves, which may feel too similar to Charizard or Bowser... While Decidueye would be a lot similar to Pit given both fly and use a bow. That's why they usually go with water types. Dewott could be interesting, but there's absolutely no momentum given he's two generations old.

For legitimate possibilities, I'm thinking: Chibi Robo, Rex from Xenoblade 2 (Even though Nia would be better), or Someone from ARMS

knightriderx25

Warming up
Donator
I'm expecting the direct will focus on single-player content as we pretty much got a lot of information on multiplayer and character changes on E3. For newcomer and echo fighter, I'm going with Ken as Echo as he's already a clone pretty much and for newcomer... King K. Rool or Simon Belmont, I really don' t care as long as it ain't ANOTHER FUCKING FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTER.

Silva-Stars

mcchicken fucker #2
Donator
i actually wouldnt mind another fire emblem character if they end up like corrin and robin, original fighters with there own moves that arent just swords

Prince Cloud

Questionable Royalty?
Steve or sans to be the mascot for the indie community?
possibly another fire emblem character.
another pokemon character for the current pokemon game. (it would be cool to play eevee, tho I dont know how it would work.)
Stardew valley character echo. (for villager of course. it could use sprites instead of a 3d model possibly?)

Koizumi Hayato

Another one bites the dust
So the rumour of Simon Belmont in Smash might been reinforced with that video. Honestly, I don't expected a lot of newcomers, because current cast is already big enough. In matter of hours we'll see what displays in this NDirect.