Official Smash Switch Hype Train

Alpha Spectre

Insert witty title here
Donator
David Hayter is apparently coming back to voice snake. That is enough to help me forget the absence of Waluigi as a playable character.

Koizumi Hayato

Another one bites the dust
Daisy made it to the character rooster, despite sharing moveset with Peach while Waluigi is still an assist trophy... WAAAAAH!

Sakurai keeps being an master troll.

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Donator
While I can understand the rage at Waluigi being an assist trophy again, I am surprised no one saw this coming.

Though we did finally get Ridley as a playable character, so I'd say that's a far better gain.
Now we just need Story Mode and everything will be badass.

Alpha Spectre

Insert witty title here
Donator
While I can understand the rage at Waluigi being an assist trophy again, I am surprised no one saw this coming.

Though we did finally get Ridley as a playable character, so I'd say that's a far better gain.
Now we just need Story Mode and everything will be badass.
Waluigi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ridley

Just a BLU Toon

Cherry is top tier waifu
Donator
May I remind you that for April Fool's, Nintendo made a one-question poll of "Who would you rather prank on April Fool's Day?" and all the options were Waluigi.

That and they decided to have Waluigi be the demonstration for KOing Assist Trophies.

Nintendo KNOWS we want him. They just want to tease us.

knightriderx25

Warming up
Donator
Well I'm happy, I don't care anymore if Ridley is the last challenger (I'm sure we'll get at least 2 more), I got Snake, Young Link, OoT Ganon, Cloud and Ryu back. That's all I wanted. ZELDA IS SOOOO ADORABLE IN HER ALBW LOOK HOLY SHIT! I LOVE IT!

Now I want them to add Adventure Mode from Melee and I can die happy.

David Hayter is apparently coming back to voice snake. That is enough to help me forget the absence of Waluigi as a playable character.
He is, he tweeted it about it confirming it.

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Donator
May I remind you that for April Fool's, Nintendo made a one-question poll of "Who would you rather prank on April Fool's Day?" and all the options were Waluigi.

That and they decided to have Waluigi be the demonstration for KOing Assist Trophies.

Nintendo KNOWS we want him. They just want to tease us.
I never said that they didn't know we wanted Waluigi to be playable. I'm just saying that the deck has been stacked against him from the start.

IMO Ridley was the better pick. When it comes down to a sadistic fire breathing alien dragon with devastating close combat prowess and a comic relief side villain who is good at sports, there really is no contest.

To further prove the stacked deck, Sakurai stated back in 2014 on the late Miiverse that there really is no chance for him to be anything more.

knightriderx25

Warming up
Donator
Yeah, it's a shame too. Oh well.

If they do add more Echo Fighter, I want Ken as Ryu's EF. They only need to change his Final Smash to Shoryureppa, Shoryuken with Fire property (for the Input Command version), and Tatsumaki multiple hit and there you go.

Skorda

Twice the ruckus-raising productivity
They said the same about Ridley too, just FYI. Waluigi ain't in this smash game for sure but there are chances in the future. I find it funny because it's normally Luigi who gets this type of treatment in mainline Mario games, though while Waluigi is known for losing, he normally isn't passive-aggressively shoved off into the sidelines like that lmao.

Just a BLU Toon

Cherry is top tier waifu
Donator
Doctor Mario isn't considered an echo character.
That's actually a good change of topic, echo fighters.

I found it interesting who they did and didn't classify as Echo Fighters. I mean, yeah the ones we have use almost the exact same moveset with a few changes (Lucina not having Tipper and being more rounded out, etc.) But ones like Young Link, Pichu, and Dr. Mario not being Echos is definitely interesting. You could argue in Pichu's case the fact that he damages himself from electric attacks, but other than that he's basically Pikachu. Young Link seems to have his same moveset from Melee, and although Link is changed a lot in this game, you could say YL could be an echo to Toon Link. As for Dr. Mario, we saw that he has that stomp now, but other than that, it doesn't look like much was changed. So either one of two things happened:

1. Nintendo didn't really know what to classify as an "Echo Fighter" so they just went with the characters that were complained about being clones the most.

2. They dramatically changed, or are going to change, the movesets of Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Toon Link in a way we haven't been shown yet.

I'm really hoping it's the latter.

Chaos

^ This Guy.
Donator
Pichu hurts himself, hence why he isn't an echo character.

Toon Link is also slightly different, most likely has to do something with Windwaker and/or Phantom Hourglass etc.

Lord Scout

Warming up
That's actually a good change of topic, echo fighters.

I found it interesting who they did and didn't classify as Echo Fighters. I mean, yeah the ones we have use almost the exact same moveset with a few changes (Lucina not having Tipper and being more rounded out, etc.) But ones like Young Link, Pichu, and Dr. Mario not being Echos is definitely interesting. You could argue in Pichu's case the fact that he damages himself from electric attacks, but other than that he's basically Pikachu. Young Link seems to have his same moveset from Melee, and although Link is changed a lot in this game, you could say YL could be an echo to Toon Link. As for Dr. Mario, we saw that he has that stomp now, but other than that, it doesn't look like much was changed. So either one of two things happened:

1. Nintendo didn't really know what to classify as an "Echo Fighter" so they just went with the characters that were complained about being clones the most.

2. They dramatically changed, or are going to change, the movesets of Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Toon Link in a way we haven't been shown yet.

I'm really hoping it's the latter.
If anything Toon Link should be an echo to Young Link. But I imagine they're developing differences between all the previous clones so they're not clones.

knightriderx25

Warming up
Donator
Lucina is a Echo because she is a 1:1 to Marth, the ONLY difference is she doesn't have the tipping mechanic. Dark Pit has 2 different property that I can recall: His Side-B is Electric Damage and his Neutral-B damages more but harder to control.

Dr. Mario is not a Echo Fighter as he has different moveset all together. His Down-B is the Tornado, and Down-Air is a footstomp for example. Pichu might have some different moves but it still has the self-damage effect. Young Link is yet to be seen but is expected to be a bit different from Toon Link, as Toon was his replacement. I just hope his Final Smash is something involving the Fierce Deity Link, something similar to what he does on Hyrule Warrior:

Alpha Spectre

Insert witty title here
Donator
Dr. Mario has the tornado? Thank goodness. I didn't like the FLUDD utility swap.
Understand you're new, but try not to necro threads that have been long since deserted (Check the last post date).
See the below thread for info on Necroposting:
PSA: Necrobumping (https://forum.redsun.tf/threads/psa-necrobumping.2102/)

As for whether or not this thread gets locked as it's still somewhat relevant pending the games release, I'll leave it down to @Waifers if he wants this thread locked.

Waifers

Community Manager
Comm. Manager
Donator
I was planning on keeping this open until sometime after the game comes out.