new szf maps?

do we need new super zombie fortress maps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forged Identity

Warming up
I've been interested in creating a super zombie fortress map for a while now using an existing tf2 map as the base (granary or frontier for example) but I haven't been able to find any information about creating for this gamemode, how to playtest it or if there is even a want for new super zombie fortress maps in the first place so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had any ideas / tips about this as well as sparking a discussion about the game mode in general.

tactic

Severe Autism
Donator
Firstly, there’s a basic guide for making SZF maps here: Super Zombie Fortress - How to map for SZF: Guide (https://forum.redsun.tf/threads/how-to-map-for-szf-guide.820/)

Secondly, I’m not sure there is an official way to playtest an szf map, but if your map is uploaded to redsun, I’m sure you could ask a mod or a senior developer to set it for the next map and play a few rounds.

And seeing how exclusive szf is as a gamemode I reckon there won’t be as many maps for it as others. Whether or not people want another is up to them.

Zane Truesdale

Activating Trap cards
Donator
Pretty much what tactic said.

Only reason I can think of on why you can't playtest the map outside of redsun is that it requires a plugin for the necessary stuff to work. Example is when I did my Bots vs Jevil experiment and the class changes that the PvM gamemode does didn't happen

Fixes everything
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Really the only entity you need thats SZF-plugin-only is the weapons (prop_dynamic named szf_weapon) to make map playable.
SZF map guide is still correct after all of those years, though it missing quite a bit of new cool stuffs map can use to make it more interesting, i may look into updating that.

Edit: and done, go make some wacky maps

Last edited: