Huntsman Hell Mapping Guide for Huntsman Hell

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Game mode: In theory, any gamemode works just fine for Huntsman Hell. I recommend modes with fairly short rounds and symmetric gameplay, but feel free to try other modes too. (Player Destruction will not work, see Deathmatch below)

Distance Reference: Huntsman Hell features arrow jumping. Here is a basic list of distances you can reach with it.
(Normal Gravity, Normal Jump Modifier)
  • Vertical, absolute maximun: 450 Units. Give or take a few units. By crouching and shooting directly below you. Great for just getting up a straight wall, not very useful otherwise. Try to stay below the 450 if you really want it to work.
  • Vertical, more reasonable distance: 350 to 400 Units. Easier to do even while running/in a fight.
  • Horizontal: Somewhere around 800 to 1000 Units on a flat surface.
Deathmatch Mode: Any map with a tf_logic_player_destruction entity will be treated as a deathmatch map. Setup is easy:
  1. Add a tf_logic_player_destruction entity to your map
  2. Set the Finale Length keyvalue to whatever suits your map. 5 seconds in a good value if you're doing nothing special.
    All other keyvalues get ignored by the plugin.
You can use the outputs as normal.

Notes:
  • game_round_win entities may get modified by the plugin. If your map needs them, make sure to use the SetTeam input (2 = Red, 3 = Blue, 0 = Stalemate) before using RoundWin.
  • No need to worry about ammo packs. The plugin adds ammo regeneration to all weapons.
  • I recommend being generous with item packs due to the self damage arrow jumps deal and sniper only having 125 health.
  • Some special rounds may feature more or even less mobility.
Feel free to ping me in our Discord with question or when you want to test your map.

Last edited:

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Updated DM section since I rewrote the scoring logic to properly use entity inputs. (Thanks @Alex Turtle)
Finale Length now matters and entity outputs work as normal.