Mapping for the Bomberman Gamemode

Alex Turtle

Local Turtle of the RSOP
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
I'll make it very simple as it is in my opinion an easy kind of mod to map for.

Get the example VMF map and you'll get an idea on how it's set up: Example VMF

Gameplay Video:

Basically, here's the entities for the mod:
  • A team_round_timer is mandatory to manage time. It's always 2 minutes no matter what.
  • func_breakable is where the powerups spawn upon destruction. It can have more than 1 health if you want bricks to be destroyed in multiple hits, just know that sticky damage is the same as the vanilla game.
  • func_physbox is the same as func_breakable, it will also spawn powerups, if you wanna try physic stuff, go for it.
  • (Optional) An info_target with "bm_nomusic" in the name. If you put that entity in this map, it will remove all the music from the mod, allowing you to put your own music.
  • (Optional) An info_target with "bm_stickybricks" in the name. This will make stickies stick on any brush entity
Guidlines to get your map uploaded on your servers:
  • Prefix should be bm_
  • Spawnpoints for both RED and BLU
  • RED must be able to leave their spawn without killing themselves
  • BLU must be able to kill RED to come back (unless you got other plans for BLU)
  • Fully compiled, no fullbright, no leaks, all custom assets are packed in the map
  • If you use HDR, please have an env_tonemap_controller with a logic_auto that sets the exposure level (provided in the example map)
  • THE MAP MUST HAVE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES FROM THE EXAMPLE MAP (Texture change isn't enough)
To get your map uploaded, either post here, make a new thread for the map or ping me on Discord at Alex Turtle#7714

If your map gets uploaded to the servers, you'll be rewarded with the title "Bombermod Mapper"!

If you got any questions or wish to request new features for map making, post here or ping me on Discord, I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Alex Turtle

Local Turtle of the RSOP
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
New mapper option added from a request; put an info_target with "bm_stickybricks" in the name. This will make stickies stick on any brush entity