Map Fixup/Patch Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Name the map, and what/why I should fix it, and I'll get to it when I have a chance.

Maps that still need to be fixed/patched: (Red = Urgent, Blue = Low Priority)
  • sb_icicle_pyramid
    • Remake the map
  • dr_cliffside
    • Fix the map not being finishable
    • Fix the push for the death
    • Fix the impossible jump caused by activating a trap near the middle of the map
  • dom_canalzone2
    • Fix an OOB exploit
  • ph_cargo
    • Fix corrupted cubemaps
  • dr_belaul
    • Fix corrupted cubemaps
  • dr_orange
    • Fix map causing client crashes
  • sb_sundust (?)
    • Fix no-die spot
Maps that will not be fixed/patched or have been updated/patched elsewhere:
  • arena_hydrothunder
    • Fix added: arena_hydrothunder_fix
  • vsh_dr_ironworks
    • Map was updated to beta05
  • vsh_dr_coldmetal
    • Map was updated to rebalance_fix
  • vsh_dr_delay
    • Map was downgraded to dr_delay_b3
  • vsh_dr_office
    • Map was updated to dr_office_final
  • dr_slay
    • Fix added: vsh_dr_slay_b5_fix
  • dr_sunbaked
    • Fix added: vsh_dr_sunbaked_d
Maps that have been fixed/patched by us:
  • sb_deserted_canyon (@JugadorXEI)
    • Changelog is in the map rotation thread
    • Updated to b5_jugfix1
  • sb_nitefite_final3 (@JugadorXEI)
    • Changelog is in the map rotation thread
    • Updated to final3_jugfix
  • tfdb_partyisland
    • Decreased bloom scale and auto-exposure for HDR players
    • Fixed using stripper, bsp unchanged
  • vsh_dr_vegas
    • Removed DRM kill trigger
  • dr_dungeon
    • Fixed being able to skip the outdoors part of the map
    • Updated to final
  • dr_prison_escape_v7
    • Removed teleport that skips the entire map
  • dr_horrors
    • Fixed needing the death to pass a trigger for a door to open)
  • dr_sawmill
    • Fixed nodraw displacements, Fixed elevator getting stuck, Fixed death being needed to pass 2 doors, Removed pumpkin trap
    • Updated to final_fix
    • Fixed again to add proper reflections, fix overlays, and remove an invulnerability exploit near the end
    • Updated to final_fix2
  • vsh_dr_cocainum
    • Fixed broken game_text for freerun mode
  • vsh_dr_egypt
    • Fixed trap that let you live forever in 2 locations
    • Updated to rsfix
  • vsh_dr_space
    • Removed hale fight, retextured entire map, added HDR Lighting, replaced skybox, optimized map via func_detail
    • Updated to vsh_dr_space_v11_rsx
    • Fixed major entity issues, made more optimization fixes
    • Updated to dr_space_v12_rsx
    • Fix has been deprecated by an official update to the map: vsh_dr_space_v13
  • gg_sawmill
    • Added necessary GunGame entities
  • vsh_crevice
    • Fixed OOB Exploit
    • Updated to fix
    • Fixed bad shadows, missing rain, and missing detail sprites
    • Updated to rsfix
  • sb_ovni
    • Expanded outer walls/ceiling
    • Updated to rsfix
  • sb_helix
    • Major optimizations to stop the map from lagging out players
    • Updated to rsfix
  • sb_islands
    • Randomized spawns
    • Expanded outer walls/ceiling
    • Added vertex lighting
    • Updated to rsfix

Last edited:

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Updated 3/3/16: Added dr_ironworks update, Fixed dr_space and dr_egypt, Fixed dr_sawmill again, added dr_delay, dr_coldmetal, dr_vegas, dr_hourglass, dr_bank, and dr_orange to the list of maps to be fixed.

Edit: Added fixes for tfdb_partyisland, dr_vegas, and dr_prison_escape.

Last edited:

Onule

Settled in
2 OOB spots in pl_outback_rc4
BLU only:

RED only:

Notes: BLU OOB needs someone to open the door. RED OOB does NOT if you place the sentry correctly.
BLU OOB has a very small window to place the teleporter, RED OOB needs a specific angle.
IMO, low priority as (as far as I know) you can't use them to your advantage. Could be wrong tho.

Last edited:

Ozotuh

Warming up
What is up with DR_Bank and Dr_Hourglass? I know Werewolf personally and I'm sure he'd love to know of any bugs present in the map.
[Note: Are the maps up to date? dr_bank is up to V6, dr_hourglass was recently updated to v3]

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
What is up with DR_Bank and Dr_Hourglass? I know Werewolf personally and I'm sure he'd love to know of any bugs present in the map.
[Note: Are the maps up to date? dr_bank is up to V6, dr_hourglass was recently updated to v3]
Hourglass is more of a design issue with the death's view of the runners being really bad (which is why it was voted off the server)
Other than that, there were multiple reports of the map causing players to crash on load.

As for dr_bank, last time it was on the server, it would cause the server to crash every time it was picked. I can assume this isn't the original mapmakers fault, but it would need some kind of fix regardless (hopefully just a stripper config)

Edit: Just noticed that you mentioned the new versions, I'll look into those as soon as I get a chance.

Edit again: Removed both of those from the list since the author explicitly stated not to modify his maps. I'm going to try out both maps on server 2 later tonight under their latest versions and see if there's any problem.

Last edited:

Ozotuh

Warming up
Hourglass is more of a design issue with the death's view of the runners being really bad (which is why it was voted off the server)
Other than that, there were multiple reports of the map causing players to crash on load.

As for dr_bank, last time it was on the server, it would cause the server to crash every time it was picked. I can assume this isn't the original mapmakers fault, but it would need some kind of fix regardless (hopefully just a stripper config)
Hourglass' death room had a makeover in V3 I believe, so should be much more user friendly. The crashing issue was a known issue with some particles and vis portals which I believe was fixed in V2.

Bank's crash issue was a V1 problem and has been fixed in all map versions afterwards. It was unfortunately released like that because Werewolf had set a release date and some of the final changes to the map caused the error. This has been fixed in all versions beyond V1.

Hopefully both will work as intended, if not let me know any problems and I will pass them on via his development threads.

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Hourglass' death room had a makeover in V3 I believe, so should be much more user friendly. The crashing issue was a known issue with some particles and vis portals which I believe was fixed in V2.

Bank's crash issue was a V1 problem and has been fixed in all map versions afterwards. It was unfortunately released like that because Werewolf had set a release date and some of the final changes to the map caused the error. This has been fixed in all versions beyond V1.

Hopefully both will work as intended, if not let me know any problems and I will pass them on via his development threads.
Both maps have been added to the rotation on GM2. As for GM1, wait on Tohru/Darth to upload it (Eventually™)

JugadorXEI

I'm my own master now
Both maps have been added to the rotation on GM2. As for GM1, wait on Tohru/Darth to upload it (Eventually™)
I could just also upload it.

Edit: maps have been uploaded to Raiden and are now in the rotation, before someone asks.

Last edited:

Onule

Settled in
OOB in vsh_manncohq_v14

Only achievable with Demoman with 2 stickies. Engineers have an extremelly rough time getting up there, MIGHT be possible if they are uber'd and Hale hits below them.

Ham_

Fuiner of Run
Donator
OOB in vsh_manncohq_v14

Only achievable with Demoman with 2 stickies. Engineers have an extremelly rough time getting up there, MIGHT be possible if they are uber'd and Hale hits below them.
The fuck is with all the artifacting

If that's the spot I'm thinking of it's been on this map for a good long while, it's infamous because Snipers would be able to climb up there which is basically death for Hale. I don't think with our updated climbing they'd be able to make it though. Still needs a fix though of course.

Onule

Settled in
I run the game in low as fuck graphics.
r_drawclipbushes also makes shit look baaaaaaaaad.

EDIT

Possible with engineer. Needs a bunch of time to set up tho.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.