Map Cycle Suggestion & Fix Request thread

Waifers

kero kero
Server Moderator
Donator
Request to remove ctf_2fort_upsidedown from rotation (or push it back into event maps where it belongs)

Incredibly difficult to navigate through making it extremely frustrating to play on while the boost pads near the intelligence fail to alleivate this as your just as likely going to end up stuck being unable to get to the intel while you get gunned down.
Also inverted space coin is enabled on that map for some reason which makes it even more like hell to play on.

infinite phantasm

bored rhythm gamer
Donator
request to remove dr_tantrum from rotation

it's an overall unfun map for anyone, and the last game i played, most deaths didn't even bother to do anything except freerun (myself included)

there are many 'traps' which are almost undodgable, including the circle-type thing after the platforms, and the laser area which you can actually fall off of trying to avoid the laser. there's even a trap which isn't a trap and is just an air-strafe type gap

the last segment with the invisible maze is hell. far too many people die there even on a freerun, and only people that know how to crouch and move really well get past it. when i was death, twice i might add, no one got past it and i won. there's an issue where if multiple players go in and die, the walls disappear even if someone's still there, which can make it difficult for someone who's forgotten the path to even live after that
other than that, it's boring, annoying to play, and something not even deaths want to try doing now

and last time i checked jukebox coins were disabled despite the fact there's no map music. this might have changed since then but idk

infinite phantasm

bored rhythm gamer
Donator
probably gonna get more flak (again) but

requesting to remove tfdb_trepidation_v4a from rotation

i don't know if it's just me or not, but any time i play on this map i feel like i have issues.

the map in general feels really cramped. it feels cramped even on 8v8s, and i have no idea what it's like on 16v16. on the map where the entirety of it blacks out (can't remember the name), it makes sense because of the dark room and not seeing your opponents/allies, but here it just feels wrong. usually i never know where to look because my rocket goes flying in all sorts of directions, which goes onto the next issue

rocket targeting seems completely off for some reason, and i can never really tell where it's going to start or where it's going to reflect to. at the start, i can't tell if the rings mean that's who it's going to go to first, or spawn to first, but i feel like that's not true and it's just completely random. often times i'll be much farther away from someone else, while the player they're fighting against randomly has their rocket reflect to me for no visible reason from what i can tell. sometimes i'll reflect a rocket at someone directly in front of me, and it flies right behind me and goes to someone much farther away, and i have no idea why it does that.

the border is very annoying, as you pretty much have to avoid standing on it ever to not die from falling off. and even then, you can still walk back off it and die, and i have no idea why it's there. the first time playing i thought it was just visual design, but no, it's a destructable platform that can kill multiple people if they don't realize it, solely because someone died to a rocket while standing on said platform

overall the map just feels really cramped, especially for a dodgeball map, the targeting is extremely confusing from what i can tell (especially at the start, i have no idea how that works), and the border is way too punishing to be of any use or remote fun.

Le-Lo-Du-87

Maths eater
Donator
Greetings everyone! (It has been a long time you didn't see me on the forums right?)

I would like, with the support of many players who played with me this map on Raiden, the removal of balloon_race_v3_t7. I don't think fixing the map will be enough.

Despite being a map with an original gamemode, there are many issues with this gamemode. Let me point some of the map's problems:
  • It's easy to “teleportcamp” the other team. By that I mean it's very easy to kill people as soon as they spawn on the ship as pyro or as a demoman with stickies, despite being slowly killed if you stay on the other team ship. I guess being invulnerable for a few seconds could fix it, but to which extent?
  • The first team to cap is the most likely to win. Even if there are some shortcuts for the late team, it doesn't help much. We often see a team wining by capping the 4 points while the other team barely made to the last point.
  • Sometimes, when both teams are good and when there is no teleportcamp they will stay on the first point without any progress. It's pretty long and boring.
  • It's often a sniper hell. I guess it's not a great point, but still.
  • I heard many players complaining about the map. They often try to rtv it.
Feel free to add more point to my argumentation if you feel it's incomplete!

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Greetings everyone! (It has been a long time you didn't see me on the forums right?)

I would like, with the support of many players who played with me this map on Raiden, the removal of balloon_race_v3_t7. I don't think fixing the map will be enough.

Despite being a map with an original gamemode, there are many issues with this gamemode. Let me point some of the map's problems:
  • It's easy to “teleportcamp” the other team. By that I mean it's very easy to kill people as soon as they spawn on the ship as pyro or as a demoman with stickies, despite being slowly killed if you stay on the other team ship. I guess being invulnerable for a few seconds could fix it, but to which extent?
  • The first team to cap is the most likely to win. Even if there are some shortcuts for the late team, it doesn't help much. We often see a team winning by capping the 4 points while the other team barely made to the last point.
  • Sometimes, when both teams are good and when there is no teleportcamp they will stay on the first point without any progress. It's pretty long and boring.
  • It's often a sniper hell. I guess it's not a great point, but still.
  • I heard many players complaining about the map. They often try to rtv it.
Feel free to add more point to my argumentation if you feel it's incomplete!
I am going to +1 this removal suggestion. While I will admit this is still a fun map, it does have it's fair share of issues and I do believe those outweigh the good.

This map does often result in a lot of one sided matches, giving the victory to the team who has a lot of snipers, scouts, and soldiers with pain trains. It is extremely difficult for one team to recover after being put in second by the other not only due to mass murder by snipers, but also because the ship requires you to be directly next to the wheel in order to keep it's speed up, which leaves people in a very vulnerable position that is just barely remedied by crouching, hence why snipers are OP here. Sure you can stay below deck inside the ship to avoid the snipers, but doing that means your ship won't be gaining any speed because you have to be next to the steering wheel and basically paint a massive bullseye on you to give it speed. And you are still vulnerable to snipers below deck on their ship if the two ships are side-by side due to the holes there.

In my experience with this map, all it takes for your team to win is to have a couple snipers memorize where people spawn on the ship and pick off the enemies that are trying to speed up their ship while the rest of the team uses scouts or pain train soldiers to cap the points faster than your team can recover. And that's all it takes. By the time the other team is able to recover and start catching up(which can take way too long depending on the # of people on the team and the amount of time it takes for the ship to gain speed in general), your team has already capped enough points to seal their victory. I know that the whole point of the map is to cap the points before your other team can, but ffs it should not be this easy to win.

Some of you could try to make a counter argument that wacky_races has some of the same flaws if this is the case, but the main difference between the two is that wacky_races doesn't force you to be in the driver's seat to speed up the car so you don't have to leave yourself completely unprotected if you're not wanting to actively play offensively. Not to mention that wacky_races has parts of the map that forces the car to stop so the other team has a window of time to catch up, and that victory is decided by who can reach the end of the map first as opposed to seeing who can cap points faster.

You can disagree with me if you want, but I feel like I've made some pretty valid points here

Palon De-Pirate

MAXIMUM EDGE
Donator
Request to remove szf_expedition
  • The map has spawn points far away from certain control points, forcing zombies to walk a loooooooooong way. This is painful for heavies especially
  • The map features many long runs between control points which force the zombies to either suicide or waste 30-90 seconds on chasing the survivors without being able to reach them (unless they are a scout).
  • Zombies can not change class once they spawn, which is really annoying and also stops the zombies from respawning at a forward spawn instead of having to either chase the survivors or suicide
  • The map has a lot of long corridors, in which survivors can kill zombies really easily, as there is no real cover or side paths
  • The very end of the map has an RNG-based section with platforms that break, forcing survivors to either risk dying or get a weapon that allows them to jump over them.

Waifers

kero kero
Server Moderator
Donator
Request to remove koth_lilburgh from rotation.
  • Medieval is already a weak gamemode, ranging from having few viable classes to the horrendous chat filter; the map has exemplified all the problems with the mode.
    • The map layout resembles the # sign, this is a pathetic layout for medieval since this means that medics and snipers have much more map control than what is considered normal in any typical medieval mode.
      • The map has dedicated ramps to promote the gimmick of demoknights being able to fly through the air, this is also problematic since that lets them reach the other end of the map without any impediments with just one charge, giving them the ability to flank freely
    • The cap area is pathetically small which leads to another problem- the only weakness of a kgb heavy (slow) is essentially nullified on cap due to the tiny size of the area, meaning that heavies have free rein in throwing out crit punches and killing any push for the cap.
      • Snipers and medics are able to shoot at the capture point while they're inside spawn next to a resupply cabinet. This is an prime element of shitty map design.
    • There's areas where you should plausibly be able to go through in the middle of the map, but are blocked off instead by invisible brushes for whatever reason. Just another example of mediocre design.

Last edited:

Silva-Stars

mcchicken fucker #2
Donator
Requesting to remove bot_rockpaperglitter

The map is filled with obnoxious and sometimes even loud music on every stage of the map, and there is cringy music too. The layout of every stage on the map is shit, one even being a blatant copy of koth_lake. Not to mention that some parts of the map are really glitchy, like the elevator on the final stage of the map, and sometimes the spawn doors get stuck.

Thanks in advance if the map gets removed.

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Requesting a fix or increase of minimum player count to 6 for szf_toyfortress
  • The map's size and layout is not fit for low amounts of players unless they know the map like the back of their hand.
  • Each of the three areas can drag on for too long to the point where survivors will lose more time than they'll gain. The second and third areas reflect this well, with the former not rewarding enough time back for getting a shape into place (especially when getting the shapes is already a pain if there are less than 3 survivors) and the latter for it's maze-like layout that can almost guarantee failure if the survivors don't move fast enough or know where the control point is.
  • The payload in the end of the first area moves a bit too slow, and the area where it and the weapons are is kind of cramped. These small spaces can make it easy to get cornered and/or flanked by zombies, especially since zombies have the literal high ground in this area.
Thanks in advance if something is done.

infinite phantasm

bored rhythm gamer
Donator
requesting removal of sb_iron_temple_v4
  • there are far too many times where you can die because someone lightly touched you while you were somewhere near the edge. while this isn't uncommon for smash maps, it happens far too often here because 75% of the map involves being near the edge
  • the map in general just feels cramped. 90% of the time it felt like someone was right in my face, unlike most other maps. this effect worsens at high player counts.
  • if the enemy team is spies, it is virtually impossible to win. if you get backstabbed, the skybox is so fucking low that you immediately touch it upon being backstabbed even once. and even if you don't fly up somehow, one revolver hit and you're sent flying into the wall. it's disgusting that if you even get remotely near them, or they shoot you with the revolver enough times, you're fucked no matter what

Victor

banned retard
Server Moderator
Donator
Requesting to remove surf_swamp_v1c.

The map barely has any surf and is overall not fun to play. The koth/ctf mechanic is very boring especially on such a small map since the intel carrier can just stay in the one of the few buildings in the middle and stay there the entire round without having to do anything. Snipers can just stay in spawn and snipe anyone in the map. It's pretty obvious that this map is the odd one out in the rotation.

infinite phantasm

bored rhythm gamer
Donator
another request to remove tfdb_trepidation_v4a, this time with less mindless opinions
  • map is incredibly cramped, and is worse when at high/max player count
  • the rocket spawning above people's heads gimmick is buggy and often annoying, resulting in unexpected deaths because someone randomly got spawn powers and walked behind you
  • reflecting is a battle against the plugin's targeting system, resulting in you either reflecting at someone behind you that you weren't even looking at, or getting immediately reflected back and killed because someone was running around airblast spamming like a maniac and doing absolutely nothing