Is there a way to mute/block certain people?

DeDeDenial

The new guy
Just curious if there's a way to mute certain people on the server. I can voice mute them, but the messages still appear.

I know this isn't supposed to be a serious server obviously, but there are some people in chat that are annoying and just downright unfunny. Spamming unnecessary text messages all the time and covering half of the chat window.

Okay, okay. I might sound a bit salty. Besides, we're here to have fun and enjoy some meymeys after all. But I like to read the chat and communicate with other people without having to see so much filth.

If there is a way to do it, I probably didn't look hard enough. If there isn't a way, it may be a nice addition. Or maybe I should just "deal with it"...

JaviNiceDay

I'm still tired
Donator
I think the only way is to get someone to chatban them, but I have a feeling that there's another option, so I'm just gonna hand this one to somebody else

DeDeDenial

The new guy
I think the only way is to get someone to chatban them, but I have a feeling that there's another option, so I'm just gonna hand this one to somebody else
Oh, I see. I don't want to get them banned, since they aren't doing anything wrong. But thanks anyways!

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
Oh, I see. I don't want to get them banned, since they aren't doing anything wrong. But thanks anyways!
in-game mute menu works fine for muting people.
As for chat text, that also gets blocked for vanilla servers, however since we hook into it with our own plugins it's not possible at the moment.

If someone is spamming in the chat and the antispam still hasn't kicked in, feel free to use the report command, which will directly alert online moderators.

DeDeDenial

The new guy
in-game mute menu works fine for muting people.
As for chat text, that also gets blocked for vanilla servers, however since we hook into it with our own plugins it's not possible at the moment.

If someone is spamming in the chat and the antispam still hasn't kicked in, feel free to use the report command, which will directly alert online moderators.
Well, they aren't really spamming, just constantly sending obnoxious, unfunny messages. Or pointing out every little mistake or misfortune that occurs to me, just so they can feed their ego.

And I wouldn't call it abuse or bullying, it's just very irritating / taunting. So reporting them wouldn't really be fair.

But I'm being way too overdramatic. I was just curious if there's any way to mute them, like a chat command or something similar. If there aren't any other options outside of reporting them and contacting the mods, I'll just learn to tolerate them sooner or later.

Thank you for your response/help!

Last edited:

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
Well, they aren't really spamming, just constantly sending obnoxious, unfunny messages. Or pointing out every little mistake or misfortune that occurs to me, just so they can feed their ego.
Technically, if it's happening way too often, you're fine calling a mod in.
Otherwise if it's really a requested feature we'll probably just really quickly craft a client "mute" feature.

DeDeDenial

The new guy
Technically, if it's happening way too often, you're fine calling a mod in.
Otherwise if it's really a requested feature we'll probably just really quickly craft a client "mute" feature.
Apologies for the late response.

FIrst off thank you for your help. I suppose that would be fair. But I somehow doubt that my stupid reasons would be accepted in the first place. If all they are doing is typing unnecessary obnoxious comments and constantly overreacting over nothing. Occasionally something more, but in a...
sarcastic fashion (?). I'll take that under consideration.

Also that feature would be great if a lot of people are having the same problem! But don't go through all that trouble just because of my whining over nothing, or if almost no one else is having the same problem.

Again, thanks! You have been of great help ^^