How to micspam

Status
Not open for further replies.

crh23

Warming up
Donator
A short guide to proper micspamming, so you don't get voice banned.
Firstly, the rules:
  1. One micspammer at a time
  2. No micspamming if the server is playing music (in map or jukebox coins)
  3. If someone flips a jukebox coin or a staff member tells you to, stop.
Now, technical details:

Download VB-Audio virtual audio cable here
Use steam client voice settings to set it as your microphone. You will probably want to set it to automatically transmit, so you don't have to hold down a button.

You will need a way to feed the micspam into the other end of the cable.
You can either use something like foobar2000 with the output set to the cable, or you can use Audio Router to route another music player or even just youtube into the cable.

To set TF2 to toggle your mic (or micspam) rather than PTT, I added the following code to one of my config files:
Code:
alias voicealwayson "von"
alias von "+voicerecord; voice_loopback 1; alias voicealwayson voff"
alias voff "-voicerecord; voice_loopback 0; alias voicealwayson von"
bind "=" "voicealwayson"
Where "=" is the key I use to toggle voice.

Happy spamming!

Bloodcam

Professional Loser
Donator
Firstly, the rules:
Now, technical details:

Use steam client voice settings to set it as your microphone. You will probably want to set it to automatically transmit, so you don't have to hold down a button.

You can either use something like foobar2000 with the output set to the cable, or you can use Audio Router to route another music player or even just youtube into the cable.

To set TF2 to toggle your mic (or micspam) rather than PTT, I added the following code to one of my config files:
Code:
bind "=" "voicealwayson"

Happy spamming!
Great guide! I might come back to this if I ever want to micspam.

bungthebadger

Fuck off bung
Donator
Firstly, the rules:
Now, technical details:

Code:
bind "=" "voicealwayson"

Happy spamming!
Okay, just a quick question. Did you make a TXT file then pasted your stuff in there and set the file to all file with the name autoexec.cfg? ( I just want to make sure )

crh23

Warming up
Donator
Okay, just a quick question. Did you make a TXT file then pasted your stuff in there and set the file to all file with the name autoexec.cfg? ( I just want to make sure )
I have a more complicated system than that, as I use a lot of custom config, but that should work

Mynt (DJKouta)

I AM screaming BEHIND MY SMILE! :)
Donator
When I try to default the input to default, it mutes my main speakers. how do I get passed this as id like to hear if its working.

bungthebadger

Fuck off bung
Donator
When I try to default the input to default, it mutes my main speakers. how do I get passed this as id like to hear if its working.
I have some config files that might fix that: Config file For hearing your self: MEGA (https://mega.nz/#!sRMhWKKJ!Mw-iNjPGaeolc-nQ-P7i8SwgwbaohS2-59R_7FL2ksg) Config file for mic spamming without holding down button. (I use the "=" Sign by the way) MEGA (https://mega.nz/#!oF1BQKxQ!Vvi78Lv-Z61QALT1kvsAk0qBX4NdU_WJEtv53h9fpSQ)
--- AUTOMERGE ---
Also, are you using music playing software such as AIMP?

Kunai_Hakuto

The new guy

bungthebadger

Fuck off bung
Donator
Hi there! While I'll post one of the configs since I can't find the other config (or perhaps combined the two but I don't recall doing so), please look at the time stamp (Top left of a poster's post) before posting on a thread next time, especially that of a nearly three years old. Usually anything that's about a week or two old should be left alone unless it's been stated in the thread that it's okay to necropost.

VoidBlitz

The Past Is Dead; Name The Future.
Comm. Manager
Donator
please look at the time stamp (Top left of a poster's post) before posting on a thread next time, especially that of a nearly three years old. Usually anything that's about a week or two old should be left alone unless it's been stated in the thread that it's okay to necropost.
What he said.

Thread locked, please don't necrobump again. @Kunai_Hakuto

Status
Not open for further replies.