Grav Coin Spam

GAIDA BG

pretty tasty
Donator
increase the cooldown timer please
reason:someone who has too much of the anti-grav coin will basically force everyone to be perma stuck to the ground in gamemodes that do not restrict it *cough* lik *cough*

Last edited:

Zane Truesdale

Vodka is the key to victory
Server Moderator
Donator
To be more specific on what GAIDA is asking: This is about the incessant Inverted Space Coin spam that Likveh and Pinkie(but mostly Likveh) have been commiting as of late.
I normally wouldn't mind spam like this(hell I do it all the time with baby coins and jukebox coins), but it really starts to become asinine when it is directly making some maps impossible to play.
One example was before the cooldown on Inverted Space was added, where Likveh repeatedly spammed them on koth_breakfloor so no class could get back up. Another example is during the recent Dev Diarrhea event where he just sat in spectator using one after the other during koth_chandland.

I am kinda divided on how I wanna approach my suggestion for this. Part of me wants to say nerf them down to discourage overuse. The other part wants to say to introduce item bans in the cases that a user is using an item in a negative/malicious way that is impacting the ability to play some maps. Just gonna wait to see which way the wind is blowing

GAIDA BG

pretty tasty
Donator
To be more specific on what GAIDA is asking: This is about the incessant Inverted Space Coin spam that Likveh and Pinkie(but mostly Likveh) have been commiting as of late.
I normally wouldn't mind spam like this(hell I do it all the time with baby coins and jukebox coins), but it really starts to become asinine when it is directly making some maps impossible to play.
One example was before the cooldown on Inverted Space was added, where Likveh repeatedly spammed them on koth_breakfloor so no class could get back up. Another example is during the recent Dev Diarrhea event where he just sat in spectator using one after the other during koth_chandland.

I am kinda divided on how I wanna approach my suggestion for this. Part of me wants to say nerf them down to discourage overuse. The other part wants to say to introduce item bans in the cases that a user is using an item in a negative/malicious way that is impacting the ability to play some maps. Just gonna wait to see which way the wind is blowing
yeah thats basically what i ment,thanks for clearing it up abit more lad

unitgon

again & again
Comm. Manager
Donator
item bans
We already have a type of that ban, namely the "loadout ban"
Throughout the years this ban has not been dealt a lot. It is mainly used for players that exploit certain features and people who overuse certain chat related items.

Don't know how it's exactly worded by Tohru but a big part of enforcement on the servers is meant to be done by the system and the user-side limitations put in place.
So: unless specified by the rulebook or moderator, and you're able to do it, then it's probably okay. Not that there can't be any discussion about exactly that, such as in this topic.

Staff with access to the maplist can add flags to certain maps to disable certain features, such as: disable Jukebox, disable advanced coins (EDIT such as bounce, silence and earthquake...), disable both gravity coins, disable Space Coin only and disable Inverted Space Coin only.
My request to everyone is to report it in the bug-tracker, if there's a map that needs any flag. Only request this when a map becomes literally unplayable (aka, gameplay is practically paused completely) when gravity is altered, or when there's conflicting music for a no-jukebox-flag request.

Other than that, I'd like to hear more about what the players want.