Announcement Four years of Red Sun, and maybe four more.

Robotnik

SnooPing as usual I see?
Donator
4 years, huh? It's been a rather unique ride. lets go for another 6. Regardless of it's ups and downs, I hope that this community does not suffer the same fate Slag did.
Keep up the good work! except @42 he bad /s

bungthebadger

Fuck off bung
Donator
Well, what can I say. It's been a pretty
fun
ride for the past 322 and half years I've been here or so. I can say I had a pretty good time with all of you and hopes to 4 years! Would be nice if Valve ever decides to stop supporting shitty dead p2p2w card game and make more content for tf2 in the meantime

OG Chaotics

The Marauder
Donator
I haven't played in a couple months but this is by far the best TF2 community I've ever been part of and the creativity in some of the gamemodes are unparalleled. I look forward to what the future brings

Kinu

P.L.A.Y
The drastic changes made to VSH were alright, too.
I remember playing just months ago and seeing how little VSH had to offer and now it really feels a lot more creative with almost every item having some sort of VSH specific use.

So yeah, good luck with 4 more years, it's going alright so far. This is the first community I've seen that actually has responsible and thick-skinned admins who aren't authoritarian cunts all the time. Seriously, try playing on Panda VSH servers and you'll know what I'm talking about. It actually feels like you can just play the game and carry out the consequences of how you play and how people perceive you without an admin verbally threatening to ban you or making up excuses to ban someone else.

If you guys keep the Staff transparent and unbiased we'll get along perfectly.

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
So yeah, good luck with 4 more years, it's going alright so far. This is the first community I've seen that actually has responsible and thick-skinned admins who aren't authoritarian cunts all the time. Seriously, try playing on Panda VSH servers and you'll know what I'm talking about. It actually feels like you can just play the game and carry out the consequences of how you play and how people perceive you without an admin verbally threatening to ban you or making up excuses to ban someone else.
This lines up perfectly with what I wanted with Red Sun when I first started out - a LOT of communities have thin-skinned moderators that ban you for minor slurs and it's really not the best when most of your playerbase chucks words about that would make your typical SJW faint from shock (I'm actually one of the worst when it comes to throwing shit, if someone insults you then fight back, come back with some better insults, it's fucking great)
My moderation philosophy has always been "We'll enforce our rules through game code, not a long-ass rulebook" - we try to enforce as much of our "rules" as possible through programming them into our plugins, meaning if we don't want you to do something, it's impossible for you to do it. You don't have a long-ass rulebook comparable to some garbage furry RP server where the rulebook could beat out most textbooks for length.

I've used these years as a learning experience and hope to do better as things progress. Feedback is always welcome, DM me with it or you can email me at tohru@redsun.tf with general stuff. I pretty much only get spanish bitcoin spam anyway, which I just put on a shitlist.

Kinu

P.L.A.Y
This lines up perfectly with what I wanted with Red Sun when I first started out - a LOT of communities have thin-skinned moderators that ban you for minor slurs and it's really not the best when most of your playerbase chucks words about that would make your typical SJW faint from shock (I'm actually one of the worst when it comes to throwing shit, if someone insults you then fight back, come back with some better insults, it's fucking great)
My moderation philosophy has always been "We'll enforce our rules through game code, not a long-ass rulebook" - we try to enforce as much of our "rules" as possible through programming them into our plugins, meaning if we don't want you to do something, it's impossible for you to do it. You don't have a long-ass rulebook comparable to some garbage furry RP server where the rulebook could beat out most textbooks for length.

I've used these years as a learning experience and hope to do better as things progress. Feedback is always welcome, DM me with it or you can email me at tohru@redsun.tf with general stuff. I pretty much only get spanish bitcoin spam anyway, which I just put on a shitlist.
I'm on board with this kind of philosophy. I personally don't endorse racism, but I feel like people should be allowed to say what's on their mind because that's what free speech is whether you like it or don't.

Forbid a racist to say the n-word and they'll find other ways to get on your bad side, so what does it matter?

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
I'm on board with this kind of philosophy. I personally don't endorse racism, but I feel like people should be allowed to say what's on their mind because that's what free speech is whether you like it or don't.

Forbid a racist to say the n-word and they'll find other ways to get on your bad side, so what does it matter?
Pretty much.
No skin off my nose if other places can't handle a bit of banter now and again, given that reports of "racism" are 99.9% of the time just someone saying a word that made their feefees feel hurt. The rare outliers are actual legal trouble which could cause a whole host of problems, which gets dealt with when it arises.

Ur Ugli

BAPgineer GOD
Donator
Nothing, it's a way of talking as in "we'll be there in the future"

AdoringFan

Haha, Typo
My time in redsun can be good and bad, I've met good people, and I've met bad people, There are people who just yell stuff at me with all caps,
sometimes, I have a rough time here, There are people who go hard on you. I still have a pleasant time at redsun, 4 years is outrageous and we should keep redsun going. [Yes, i know this reply is stupid]

Last edited: