Feature: Item scrapping

Mike Litteris

Reality is often disappointing
So are you saying "hurr durr ubercharge replacements are shit and people won't buy them" or what's your point here
yes, because you are trying to push this "just wait until someone wants to buy something you dont want" nonsense as if that's a realistic solution

sicko mode coach

Settled in
Donator
yes, because you are trying to push this "just wait until someone wants to buy something you dont want" nonsense as if that's a realistic solution
Yeah sure it's not like people want to make collectors which means they want to buy a specific item

Mike Litteris

Yeah sure it's not like people want to make collectors which means they want to buy a specific item
how many items have you been asked to sell one item because someone wanted to make a collectors? I've never been asked, and for that matter, i've hardly seen anybody make collectors of anything period.

you're cherry picking exceptions that are exceedingly rare and it's not furthering your position. just because your solution is possible in very specific instances doesnt mean its efficient or there is room for improvement alongside that.

having a scraping system of sorts would run concurrently with what exists now. you can certainly hoard your items and sell them to people who want to make collectors versions. having a scrap system won't destroy the purpose of trading/selling items. in fact, for many people who are short on BP but high on inventory trash they could probably scrap some of those items for BP to buy items from people.

stop being so close minded

sicko mode coach

Settled in
Donator
how many items have you been asked to sell one item because someone wanted to make a collectors? I've never been asked, and for that matter, i've hardly seen anybody make collectors of anything period.
Not my fault you barely trade then.
Post automatically merged:

The only time i saw someone doing a collector is with new music kits. Nobody is gonna buy music kits from other people when they are avanailable in the shop
I'm not talking about music kits only, plus you can get them cheaper by trading

Pixelated Pyro

Warming up

I'm not talking about music kits only, plus you can get them cheaper by trading
Still, a scrapping system wouldnt hurt economy too much and trading would be for people which want to do it. I dont really see what is wrong with my idea

Mike Litteris

nothing to refute me points. big brain time

what is that even supposed to mean? this isnt a competition its trading/selling/buying items. i couldnt care less if people buy my garbage, i just put it out there because i figure if someone wants it i'll give it to them for cheap vs other avenues to pay for it. I would much rather destroy/convert shit into something useful for things that otherwise dont sell instead of advertising it for months on end, its pretty clear people dont want them

sicko mode coach

Settled in
Donator
Still, a scrapping system wouldnt hurt economy too much and trading would be for people which want to do it. I dont really see what is wrong with my idea
Nothing wrong with the idea except that the devs would have to spend lots of hours into this and this would be barely used

nothing to refute me points. big brain time

what is that even supposed to mean? this isnt a competition its trading/selling/buying items. i couldnt care less if people buy my garbage, i just put it out there because i figure if someone wants it i'll give it to them for cheap vs other avenues to pay for it. I would much rather destroy/convert shit into something useful for things that otherwise dont sell instead of advertising it for months on end, its pretty clear people dont want them
You said you barely saw anyone that wanted to make an collectors item...
please read first then answer.

Mike Litteris

Nothing wrong with the idea except that the devs would have to spend lots of hours into this and this would be barely used

You said you barely saw anyone that wanted to make an collectors item...
please read first then answer.
i read it an reread it. you chose to respond to my personal anecdote instead of the point, weasel. if you're going to argue points, argue the points, dont pull it off topic.

let the devs and people who run the show decide what to do. if they "spend lots of hours" making something thats barely used, its still used isnt it? and they are the ones who decide if its worth the effort. several hours is nothing. if that sounds too hard for you then it sounds to me like youve never worked an honest days work in your life. Mikusch (or another dev(s) i forgot who and cant find the post) did a great job changing things around in the loadout so items had individual spots vs the old system where some items had no individual places to go. a much better loadout setup. i bet that took a while.

i can see your response now "but thats used all the time so it was worth it!" again, worth is subjective, let the people who are actually doing the work decide if its worth doing.

and lets not forget how you glanced over Wave's response

Trading is still not an official features (ask again in 10 years), and should not be considered a replacement/good enough to dismiss a suggestion.
what i believe he's saying is, just because you CAN trade your items off eventually if you're "patient enough" (the heat death of the universe seems a while) doesnt mean this suggestion should be tossed out.

Last edited:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Fastest thing alive
Donator
This feature would work like this: You get a shitty music kit that nobody wants and you want to sell it. How about making a scrapping system that could give you random amount of BP depending on item type and rarity so for example that shitty music kit u got would give you from 60 to 30 BP. A skin would be worth from 100-200 or more etc. I think that would help with unwanted items
That would be sooo good because nobody wants to buy my stuff xD