Feature: Item scrapping

Pixelated Pyro

Warming up
This feature would work like this: You get a shitty music kit that nobody wants and you want to sell it. How about making a scrapping system that could give you random amount of BP depending on item type and rarity so for example that shitty music kit u got would give you from 60 to 30 BP. A skin would be worth from 100-200 or more etc. I think that would help with unwanted items

sicko mode coach

Settled in
Donator
I'm against this idea, there will ALWAYS be a person wanting to buy your item.
Patience is key

Mike Litteris

Reality is often disappointing
i like this idea a lot. many of my items people dont want to buy and id rather have them out of my inventory but rather not delete them. bringing the concept into a balanced fruition will be a challenge but it definitely would be a good idea.
I'm against this idea, there will ALWAYS be a person wanting to buy your item.
Patience is key
except if youre beaned and cant trade, or if someone doesnt want to/know how to trade, but you probably cant get items anyway depending on the ban.

sicko mode coach

Settled in
Donator
i like this idea a lot. many of my items people dont want to buy and id rather have them out of my inventory but rather not delete them. bringing the concept into a balanced fruition will be a challenge but it definitely would be a good idea.

except if youre beaned and cant trade, or if someone doesnt want to/know how to trade, but you probably cant get items anyway depending on the ban.
I mean it's your fault if you get banned, it's your responsibility just like it was with mine.

also only a loadout ban doesen't let you trade so not a biggie

Mike Litteris

I mean it's your fault if you get banned, it's your responsibility just like it was with mine.

also only a loadout ban doesen't let you trade so not a biggie
right, but id argue that there are more people who avoid trading for one reason or another than people who are loadout banned. They already have the items they want and the inventory fills up with stuff they dont use. that is the core purpose i'd see this being used for. literally all the items i have for sale in trading are ones i dont want/dupe drops but i've only recently decided to trade/sell because thats the only thing i can do with my items

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Trading is still not an official features (ask again in 10 years), and should not be considered a replacement/good enough to dismiss a suggestion.

sicko mode coach

Settled in
Donator
oh like when theres a very desirable that nobody wants to sell because the box cant be bought anymore?
No, he mentioned the HL2 music kit so I'm telling him what to do

When you wish for something when you're unboxing you're clearly not gonna get it , so it's better off asking someone to trade for it first or just saving up the bp to get the item you want

Mike Litteris

No, he mentioned the HL2 music kit so I'm telling him what to do

When you wish for something when you're unboxing you're clearly not gonna get it , so it's better off asking someone to trade for it first or just saving up the bp to get the item you want
you missed his point that the music kit itself nobody really wants, so your take on "just wait till someone buys it off you" doesnt really work.

if someone is looking for an item nobody wants to sell or cant be bothered to sell and the item is not in the store then unboxing is the only method to obtain that item. the problem is that not all crates can be purchased from the store at any given time. kinda why people dont sell items found in past event crates

sicko mode coach

Settled in
Donator
you missed his point that the music kit itself nobody really wants, so your take on "just wait till someone buys it off you" doesnt really work.

if someone is looking for an item nobody wants to sell or cant be bothered to sell and the item is not in the store then unboxing is the only method to obtain that item. the problem is that not all crates can be purchased from the store at any given time. kinda why people dont sell items found in past event crates
Still against this as "item rarity" has to be added
Also you spend 50,125 or 150 bp on the crate key and you get 60 bp back so personally sounds like an useless feature for me atleast

Mike Litteris

Once again I'm not, you can unbox something and then sell it back to literally anyone if you're patient enough
there are items people just straight up dont want. stop with this "patient" stuff. and again, you make the assumption that people WANT to trade/sell items