Important Discussion: On the future of our US services

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
Apologies for the silence on the official front. Things have been rough, however I'm putting this discussion forward today to gather opinion on our US machines.

We currently have two locations within the US available, those being NYC and LA. However, they both are on the "extreme" end of the US which isolates the two playerbases. Due to the severe downtick in donations lately (although partially that might be because I fucked with the code and didn't even know...) and our group slowly dropping players and staff (again, my fault), we're looking to consolidate our US audience into one overall beneficial location, which would be Chicago.

Why Chicago? I've asked around and the opinion from the US players I have talked to (and from those outside the community) is that it's the best location overall ping-wise for those within the continental US, and that it would save us money overall. However, I don't want to go ahead with this move if it's something that would just fuck us over even more.

I'll leave this thread open until roughly the end of July/start of August, after which time I'll start to make changes (or not.)
Thanks for sticking with us.

Just a BLU Toon

Cherry is top tier waifu
Donator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the other US server one that only has a single gamemode? Wouldnt that make some people upset if it was removed?

Eh, but personally I'd love if they were just merged into a Chicago server.

Lvl. 100 Spycrab

name paint guru
Donator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the other US server one that only has a single gamemode? Wouldnt that make some people upset if it was removed?

Eh, but personally I'd love if they were just merged into a Chicago server.
This is server locations, not servers themselves.

We rent out machines and can run more than one server, so Mistral would probably not end up canned.

Victor

banned retard
Donator
give me the 5 ping please and ty

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
This is server locations, not servers themselves.

We rent out machines and can run more than one server, so Mistral would probably not end up canned.
Duplicates of current servers (eg. Armstrong & Maverick) would be merged. Unique servers such as Mistral would just be moved.

Silva-Stars

mcchicken fucker #2
Donator
Just buy a server box and air drop it to butt fuck nowhere nebraska, because thats more of in the middle of 'murica

Last edited:

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
Just buy a server box and air drop it to butt fuck nowhere nebraska, because thats more of in the middle of 'murica
t. someone who doesn't understand how network infrastructure works

AlexZampa53

____________________ Dog of the Paw ______________
Donator
I mean... we can try... there is no harm in trying right...

Lvl. 100 Spycrab

name paint guru
Donator
I'd say with the influx of players it's a good idea to keep the servers the way they are right now.