Discussion on Mistral‘s future

What mode would be best for a 24/7 Mistral ?

• Versus Saxton Hale [VSH]

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Dodgeball [TFDB]

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other mode (Reply below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion / I don‘t care!

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FREYO

Insert Obvious Joke
Mistral is by far the least visited and moderated server in Redsun Over Paradise.It is also worth noting that most players who play there are usually EU players from Raiden.So how will Mistral continue its‘
journey?

Ideas
After thinking for some ideas which would popularize (aka revive) Mistral i thought maybe changing its‘ 24/7 SZF cycle to another mode.In my opinion i would say replacing Mistral‘s 24/7 SZF with 24/7 TFDB or VSH (The most popular gamemodes in Redsun‘s community).Probably this would make Mistral a good choice for VSH or DBlovers which would like to play their favourite gamemode anytime they want.

Why 24/7 SZF in my opinion was a mistake.
Many people love Super Zombie Fortress.It‘s an unique gamemode but for me 24/7 of it was a mistake.A fun SZF match is nice when full of players (which Mistral dosen‘t get) and mostly it takes alot of time and skill to finish a map by yourself or with 5 players.

Opinion on Location of Mistral
Mistral is located on Chicago while most of Redsun‘s playerbase is located in Europe and Raiden is located on Frankfurt.I want @Tohru Adachi ‘s opinion on this since he pays for the server and runs them.Would a change of Mistral from Chicago to Frankfurt cost alot of money or loss ?

Hope many people see this since i think Mistral has alot of potential for a good server.

bungthebadger

Fuck off bung
Donator
Personally I don't believe that changing the mode may yield any significant impacts for Mistral, we've had Moonsoon (24/7 VSH) before and while it did have players in the beginning, it eventually died down or we didn't have enough shekals if I'm remembering correctly but my memory is fuzzy on some of the servers we used to have, so take my words with a pinch of salt.

But I suppose it would be worth a try just to change up the mode to DB or VSH depending on what the player base wants it to be. I would prefer it to be dodgeball due to its faster paced game play than VSH (even though both are much faster than that of our other game modes) but both have a problem (as far as I see) that they would lead to one team stomping the other or hale obliterating the few survivors if the player base is small which leads to it not being fun and grueling.

But this is only hypothetical small player base (around 8 people which would be quite large compared to Mistral's current population), I'm not sure what would happen if there would be a medium or large player base for the server instead.

Mr.Zetix

P-P-P-P-P-POOOOWER
Donator
24/7 x gamemode may be a mistake , even if you get a very good gamemodes on for 24/7 .The people will eventually get bored from playing the same gamemode over and over apart from ocelot because it's surf
while changing the gamemode might do something for a short period of time but it'll die in the future just like szf
However changing the location can change it since everytime mistral gets a fair ammount of players 7+,and mistral Is my favorite server because of szf so I join there in the hope of giving life to the server.However it never does,But there is something i've seen is that All the players there have over 100 ping.Maybe lowering their ping might give them a reason to stay.

and another problem is that szf is gamemode that requires a high ammount of players to be enjoyable the same goes for vsh and a bit for db and we all know apart from the surny wave Mistral will never reach Over 20 players exept for the krampus wich was Insanely cool,ty Zane

Mistral allready has a lot of potential but the playercount is just very low that server doesn't matter anymore but who knows maybe people could join there if there was db 24/7 Khamsin v2 pog

FREYO

Insert Obvious Joke
24/7 x gamemode may be a mistake , even if you get a very good gamemodes on for 24/7 .The people will eventually get bored from playing the same gamemode over and over apart from ocelot because it's surf
while changing the gamemode might do something for a short period of time but it'll die in the future just like szf
However changing the location can change it since everytime mistral gets a fair ammount of players 7+,and mistral Is my favorite server because of szf so I join there in the hope of giving life to the server.However it never does,But there is something i've seen is that All the players there have over 100 ping.Maybe lowering their ping might give them a reason to stay.

and another problem is that szf is gamemode that requires a high ammount of players to be enjoyable the same goes for vsh and a bit for db and we all know apart from the surny wave Mistral will never reach Over 20 players exept for the krampus wich was Insanely cool,ty Zane

Mistral allready has a lot of potential but the playercount is just very low that server doesn't matter anymore but who knows maybe people could join there if there was db 24/7 Khamsin v2 pog
The problem of location is easy solved by just moving Mistral to the same machine as Raiden.
Problem : Cost

Fixes everything
Senior Dev
Server Moderator
Donator
Developer
Would a change of Mistral from Chicago to Frankfurt cost alot of money or loss ?
More servers in same machine/location doesn't add any extra cost, in fact if we move mistral location to raiden or armstrong, Chicago machine/location is not needed and would then pay less.

Mistral still sometimes get players, but rarely able to get decent amount of player-count.

For Ocelot, i do see that it a good low-playercount gamemode where you don't need anyone else to surf, but server almost never reach more than 4 (four) players. I find this whole thing just badges grind, because map specific badges is a mistake (there a reason why krampus and psykopat spinners badge got removed). Plus the drops for beating map still doesn't stop people from grinding even after 2 nerfs. Ocelot itself feels like abusing redsun loadout.

But anyway, we don't really know whenever if 24/7 of whatever gamemode would work well until we try it. Dodgeball is a nice gamemode for any playercount. VSH may work better than SZF for low players, could give another try as last time it was VSH-Legacy version.

FREYO

Insert Obvious Joke
More servers in same machine/location doesn't add any extra cost, in fact if we move mistral location to raiden or armstrong, Chicago machine/location is not needed and would then pay less.
Im still waiting for Tohru's opinion on this.He is the only person who can pretty much decide this.
About the gamemode DB can work well even with 6 players.VSH on the other hand ...

Tohru Adachi

I get paid to insult people
Administrator
Im still waiting for Tohru's opinion on this.He is the only person who can pretty much decide this.
About the gamemode DB can work well even with 6 players.VSH on the other hand ...
24/7 servers generally stay dead because we don't have either the player numbers for it or because no one is interested. Likely both.
As it stands right now I have no incentive to change over either Mistral or Ocelot to another 24/7 rotation, because it would just be work for nothing.

Ur Ugli

BAPgineer GOD
Donator
I personally think SZF is the best outcome for the server, changing the gamemode probably won't do anything EXCEPT if it's DB and again, i'm not even sure. Thing is, when you have SZF events, people can do it on raiden or Armstrong, so mistral is never needed. I think there should be some sort of incentive on playing here (like for the krampus raid that raised a full server)