Not a bug Collectors In Chat

Drakonis

Warming up
Donator
Hey, so i'm the one guy who's been collecting a lot of items to make them collector and i got a collector coach ! (yay). But the problem is, it doesn't show in chat like normal stranges, so that's a bit sad considering i worked hard to get all of them to only be seen by me. What i ask is make collector item work like stranges in chat, show up but as a "collector item" like the db kits.

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
This behavior is intended. Collector quality items were intended not to show levelups in chat as opposed to actual Stranges when they were originally added in.

Drakonis

Warming up
Donator
This behavior is intended. Collector quality items were intended not to show levelups in chat as opposed to actual Stranges when they were originally added in.
I mean, i wasn't reporting a bug but asking for it to be like that.

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
I mean, i wasn't reporting a bug but asking for it to be like that.
It's been requested before and denied on the grounds that it would make strange items trivial to obtain if the Collectors quality was essentially a "red strange".
Sorry, but no.

Drakonis

Warming up
Donator
It's been requested before and denied on the grounds that it would make strange items trivial to obtain if the Collectors quality was essentially a "red strange".
Sorry, but no.
I get that a collector can make stranges trivial but that would be true if a lot of collectors were owned and the only collector pepole probably own is db kits and not normal items, if i'm collecting 20 items and taking some time for it, i would at least want it to show up in chat, because for a collector to only be seen by yourself/your inventory ? i don't see the point. If i have a collector its also to show other pepole i have one, like the db collector kits

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
The item's quality colour and tracked stat still show on round win if selected. The only difference is that it does not show a notification on level up. As I have said before, this will not be changed.

Drakonis

Warming up
Donator
So, basically only DB kits will ever show up in chat ? Is that what you mean ? I don't understand why changing the collectors would harm anything.

ThirteenVEVO

Thoust Shallst Not Solvest Thoust Puzzles!
real quick necro post

They're pretty much following tf2 item qualities.
Collectors doesn't count because collectors doesn't count kills.
In dodgeball, it shows the kits probably so if someone else liked that kit, they can use their dosh to buy it.
Its really that simple.

Drakonis

Warming up
Donator
I would have said your right if you were, the collector on this server actually have strange capacitys (counting kills) and in normal tf2 a collector strange will show up ranking in chat.