Any tips for using Hammer?

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Donator
I've been wanting to learn how to make maps for TF2 for a while but haven't really been able to due to running a potato laptop at the time and having many things like work and a library of 300+ games across 4 systems take priority.

Now I have a much stronger gaming computer so I am gonna take up Hammer soon and hopefully have a couple good maps to share for Red Sun. Aside from searching YouTube for tutorial videos, I don't know where to begin. So as the topic says, can some people here offer some steps in the right direction for using Hammer?

Wave

It'll be fine
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
If you have discord, join our server for when you run into issues that google won't even help with. Also great for showing off what you created.
Like VoidBlitz said, TopHATTWaffles tutorial is pretty good and should get you started.

Frosty Scales

John Smiley from Syria
Senior Dev
Donator
Developer
Don't.

Actual tip: TopHATTwaffle's Hammer V2 series first, UEAKCrash's mapping tutorial second. Do those in order, you'll be set. I'm also more than happy to personally help anyone learning to map, just DM me on Discord (Screwdriver#1776) at any time and I'll help answer as much as I can.

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Donator
Thanks for the replies, guys!
I would've answered sooner if I wasn't 85 feet deep into KH3.
If you have discord, join our server for when you run into issues that google won't even help with. Also great for showing off what you created.
Like VoidBlitz said, TopHATTWaffles tutorial is pretty good and should get you started.
I am a part of the discord, so I will ask around if anything confuses me.
@Alex Turtle is our most known mapper here
i think he could give you a pointer or two
There are some ideas for maps I wish to make real when I get skilled enough. If Alex is willing to help when I get there, I'll be sure to ask him
Actual tip: TopHATTwaffle's Hammer V2 series first, UEAKCrash's mapping tutorial second. Do those in order, you'll be set..
Duly noted. I'll find those videos or a playlist of them and start once I finish KH3