Allow lower ranked staff members to change the jukebox

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Donator
Thought I might throw this out here.
The server jukebox used to be changed once a month so we had some new songs to blast during a map we could use the coin on and nothing became too spam worthy.
Though with the decrease of admins for various reasons, the new jukeboxes have been slowed down. There might be more reasons behind this, but I believe that might be one of them.

Hence why I'm here with this suggestion to let lower ranked staff members(mods, devs, etc.) do monthly jukeboxes. This way it can help keep a fresh song list regularly once again. As much as the beats we have gotten in the current intervals are good ones, it has been a long wait for our next one to the point it's become a periodic reminder that we still have christmas songs in the opening of spring.

TL;DR Please let lower ranked staff do monthly jukeboxes so christmas can end.

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
Thought I might throw this out here.
The server jukebox used to be changed once a month so we had some new songs to blast during a map we could use the coin on and nothing became too spam worthy.
Though with the decrease of admins for various reasons, the new jukeboxes have been slowed down. There might be more reasons behind this, but I believe that might be one of them.

Hence why I'm here with this suggestion to let lower ranked staff members(mods, devs, etc.) do monthly jukeboxes. This way it can help keep a fresh song list regularly once again. As much as the beats we have gotten in the current intervals are good ones, it has been a long wait for our next one to the point it's become a periodic reminder that we still have christmas songs in the opening of spring.

TL;DR Please let lower ranked staff do monthly jukeboxes so christmas can end.
I actually have a new rotation ready.
Other staff can't do jukeboxes because they would require file upload permissions, which we only give to people that need it.

Zane Truesdale

That one mofo you forget exists
Donator
Other staff can't do jukeboxes because they would require file upload permissions, which we only give to people that need it.
I can understand that.
I do still wish that monthly jukeboxes can be a thing which is why I threw this out here.

Would it be acceptable if the lower ranked staff could make a song list and/or suggestion thread when they get a turn, then pass on the files to someone who already has file upload permissions? This way it won't need permission editing and can still keep monthly jukeboxes a thing

Tohru Adachi

Can't take a joke
Administrator
I can understand that.
I do still wish that monthly jukeboxes can be a thing which is why I threw this out here.

Would it be acceptable if the lower ranked staff could make a song list and/or suggestion thread when they get a turn, then pass on the files to someone who already has file upload permissions? This way it won't need permission editing and can still keep monthly jukeboxes a thing
There's a ton of technical specs for soundfiles which I usually run though becauseof source being awful which would need to be followed. I doubt anyone on the team wants to go though with that, but if they do they are free to contact me with a complete list of 20+ songs.